Type Here to Get Search Results !

Actresses who have been 'persecuted' for their weight to get a role in movies and series

These actresses have suffered humiliation on set for their physique and even before landing certain roles.

Hollywood is an infamous place for anyone who doesn't conform to its strict beauty standards. Although there has been a struggle to break with the so-called "body shame" or bodyshaming, the damage that the entertainment industry has caused in the minds of many women is done, which has caused insecurities in them and that they sometimes make counterproductive decisions to transform themselves. 

Some of them have decided to denounce the pressure they have faced to lose weight or the rejection they experienced for not having a "certain body type".

Rebel wilson

The Australian actress has had an impressive turnaround in every way however, in 2021 she confessed that her team did not support the fitness journey that she started from 2020 that led her to lose more than 70 pounds.

"I actually got a lot of pushback from my own team, here in Hollywood, when I said, 'Okay, I'm going to do this health year. I feel like I'm really going to physically transform myself and change my life," the Pitch Perfect star told the BBC. "And they were like, 'Why? Why would you want to do that? '” she recalled. "Because she made millions of dollars being the funny fat girl and being that person."

But Wilson knew that she wanted to change her relationship with food and she said that although she was comfortable with her weight, she knew that her eating habits were problematic.

“Deep down she knew that some of the emotional eating behaviors she was doing were not healthy. For example, she didn't need a tub of ice cream every night," she admitted. "That was my way of numbing emotions using food, which was not the healthiest thing."

Kate Winslet

Some may think that a superstar like Kate Winslet has never suffered humiliation because she is so beautiful, charismatic and talented that the last thing anyone would think about is annoying her. However, the movie star confessed to having been heavily criticized for her extra pounds, just at the time when her career was taking off thanks to her starring in "Titanic".

“In my 20s, people talked a lot about my weight. And they called me to comment on my physique. Well, so I got this label of being bold and outspoken. No, I was just defending myself," Winslet told The Guardian.

The Oscar winner also said that at some point she found articles written in which her large size was described.

“They would comment on my size, they would estimate what I weighed, they would print out the supposed diet I was on. It was judgmental and horrible and very disturbing to read,” she said.

Anna Chlumsky

In the '90s, Anna starred in "My First Kiss" and its sequel opposite Macaulay Culkin but we didn't see much of her for the next several decades as she took a deliberate hiatus from her acting.

After graduating from college, the actress had opportunities on series such as White Collar, Hannibal and Veep (which earned her six Emmy nominations) and most recently “Inventing Anna”. However, she revealed that she had a very difficult streak due to industry prejudice as she was not hired after "My First Kiss" because according to casting agents "she was too fat or too ugly" for the roles. 

Alice Silver stone

Actresses who have been 'persecuted' for their weight to get a role in movies and series

Alicia was one of the most fabulous girls of the nineties after starring in the series "Clueless". But behind her smile, there was enormous pressure to feel that she did not have the body that the producers considered perfect. In fact, when she played Batgirl in "Batman & Robin," producers and tabloids were calling her 'Fatgirl' or so she revealed herself in a 2020 interview with The Guardian. Silverstone further recalled that her nickname became so bad that paparazzi chanted it when they tried to follow her to take photos.

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.