Type Here to Get Search Results !

Selena Gomez responds to the drama of Francia Raisa

That revolves around her documentary

Selena Gomez is receiving criticism for excluding Francia Raisa, the actress and friend who donated a kidney to Gomez in 2017, from her documentary “My Mind & Me” and saying that Taylor Swift is her only friend in the industry.

The 30-year-old “Only Murders in the Building” star has spoken out against the backlash, which spread to social media this weekend, after her recent interview with Rolling Stone and Raísa's exclusion from the documentary. directed by Alek Keshishian. The gritty AppleTV+ film chronicles the last six years of Gomez's life, including her physical and mental health struggles like lupus, anxiety, depression, and bipolar disorder.

Raísa, 34, a star of “How I Met Your Father” and “grown-ish,” donated a kidney to Gómez as the latter's battle with lupus intensified. The actresses, who have been friends for more than a decade and referred to each other as sisters, shared various details of the "ultimate gift" they gave each other on social media and in interviews at the time. (Although, some of those social media posts have since been deleted.)

But fans sensed a snub from Gomez when she told Rolling Stone that Taylor Swift is her "only friend in the industry," a quote meant to shine a light on the isolation Gomez felt before her 2018 psychotic break and the difficulties she had in coping with it. share their fears with people whose lives hadn't been derailed by fame.

“I never fit in with a cool group of girls who were celebrities. My only friend in the industry really is Taylor [Swift], so I remember feeling like she didn't belong. I felt the presence of everyone around me living full lives. I had this position and I was very happy, but…was she? Do these materialistic things make me happy?” she told the magazine. "I just didn't like who she was, because I didn't know who she was."

Swift has given the documentary her stamp of approval. However, according to gossip site Daily Mail, Raísa unfollowed Gómez a day after the documentary premiered on Friday due to the star's comment about Swift, describing him as "interesting" in the comments section of a post. on Instagram from E! News. Since then, the comment reported by Us Weekly and E! News has been removed.

Representatives for Raísa did not immediately respond Monday to a Times request for comment.

On Sunday, Gomez left a comment under a TikTok dissecting the drama, writing, “Sorry I didn't mention all the people I know.”

Although she is not in “My Mind & Me,” Raísa and several of Gomez's famous friends are mentioned in the Rolling Stone story, specifically in the context of Gomez's Malibu wedding-style 30th birthday party. during the summer.

"I thought I'd be married by now, so I arranged a wedding," she told the magazine. (Raísa and Gómez reportedly had a falling out years ago but reconciled in 2021.)

"She invited people who had been important parts of her twenties, whether she was still around them or not," wrote contributor Alex Morris. “She wanted to celebrate that moment, and also celebrate that she was left behind… she was elegant, he says, classy. Miley Cyrus was there ('f— I love her'), and Gomez's little sister, Gracie, and her kidney donor, Francia Raísa, and Camila Cabello and Billie Eilish and Olivia Rodrigo and a cake from Barney. "We had delicious drinks, and it was beautiful, and then my friend Cara [Delevingne] comes in and brings strippers," she says, laughing. 'So I'd like to say it was a mixture of sophisticated and hysterical.'"

The article also mentions the kidney transplant several times, notably that it happened, that she named her new organ hers Fred in honor of “Portlandia” star Fred Armisen and doesn't expect the donated kidney to last forever.

Selena Gomez responds to the drama of Francia Raisa

Yet "My Mind & Me," which jumps around the six-year timeline repeatedly, makes little mention of the life-saving kidney transplant.

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.