Type Here to Get Search Results !

Selena Gomez receives treatment for an undisclosed medical condition

Selena Gomez is undergoing treatment for an undisclosed medical condition.

“Selena is receiving treatment and has the full support of her friends and family,” the source explained. "She was recently hospitalized for complications from her kidney transplant and she is committed to focusing on her health."

Gomez, who has more than 144 million followers on Instagram, announced last month that she would be taking a break from social media.

"While I'm grateful for the voice social media gives each of us, I'm just as grateful to be able to step back and live my present life in the moment that's been given to me," Gomez wrote in an Instagram post. when he revealed that he would be moving away from social networks. “Kindness and encouragement just for a moment! Remember: negative comments can hurt anyone's feelings,” she added.

Gomez has previously been open to disclosing her health issues.

In 2015, she told Billboard that she was in the public spotlight for a while because she had lupus.

“I was diagnosed with lupus and underwent chemotherapy,” Ella Gomez said at the time. “That was really what my break was about. I could have had a stroke,” she added.

Lupus is a chronic disease that can affect any part of the body, typically the skin, joints, blood and lungs, according to the Lupus Foundation of America. Lupus sufferers' immune systems essentially break down, and instead of fighting viruses and bacteria with antibodies, their bodies create autoantibodies that attack healthy tissue. Symptoms can include fatigue, fever, weight loss, joint pain, rashes, hearing loss, anemia, abnormal swelling, and mouth ulcers.

In 2016, the singer announced that she would be taking time off to deal with issues stemming from her condition.

"I found that anxiety, panic attacks and depression can be side effects of lupus, which can present their own challenges," Gomez explained in a statement. “I want to be proactive and focus on maintaining my health and happiness, and I've decided that the best way forward is to take time off,” she said.

At that year's American Music Awards, she also used her acceptance speech for Favorite Pop/Rock Artist to address mental health issues she's struggled with. “I held up well enough that you were never going to let me down, but to a point where I let myself down. If you're broken you don't have to stay broken,” she stated.

Selena Gomez receives treatment for an undisclosed medical condition

Her best friend and actress Francia Raisa served as a donor for Gomez to receive a kidney transplant last year.

Gomez said the transplant was “what I needed to do for my overall health” and she thanked Raisa in an Instagram post showing the two holding hands with her in her hospital beds.

“She gave me the ultimate gift and sacrifice by donating her kidney to me,” Gomez said. “I am incredibly blessed. I love you sister".

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.