Type Here to Get Search Results !

Ellen Page reveals she is transgender and changes her name to Elliot

The Canadian actress Ellen Page (33), who became famous for her leading role in the film Juno (2007), has announced through her Twitter account that she is transgender and has changed her name to Elliot.

Ellen Page reveals she is transgender and changes her name to Elliot

The interpreter, also known for the Netflix series The Umbrella Academy, has published a statement in which she has asked that from now on she is known by her male name.

"Hello friends, I want to share with you that I am trans, my pronouns are he/they and my name is Elliot," says Page in her text. "I feel lucky to be writing this. To be here. To have come to this place in my life. I love being trans. And I love being queer. And the more I embrace myself and fully embrace who I am, the more I dream, the more I grow. my heart and more prosperous", continues Page in the text.

Page has asked for patience and, although she is happy, she also confesses that she is "afraid" of the "invasion, hatred, jokes and violence" that her coming out of her closet could provoke.

In her statement, she has not disclosed what stage of her transition process she is in, nor whether she has undergone or plans to undergo hormone therapy.

Page became an LGTBI activist and one of the most combative defenders of the movement in Hollywood. In 2018, she married the dancer Emma Portner, who has been proud of her husband's announcement.

"I am so proud of @elliotpage. Trans, queer, and non-binary people are a gift to this world. I also ask for patience and privacy, but please join me in standing up strongly for trans life every day. Elliot's existence is a gift in itself. It shines in the sweetness E. I love you very much", the dancer has written in her networks.

Before his relationship with Emma Portner, the Juno star had several male and female relationships, including Big Little Lies actor Alexander Skarsgård and actress Shailene Woodley, though their romance was never confirmed. His last romance before meeting Portner was with actress Samantha Thomas.

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.