Type Here to Get Search Results !

Liam Neeson told that he turned down being James Bond after an ultimatum from his wife

The actor could have become Agent 007 but his love for Natasha Richardson was stronger.

Liam Neeson told that he turned down being James Bond after an ultimatum from his wife

Liam Neeson revealed in a recent interview with Rolling Stone that James Bond producer Barbara Broccoli contacted him several times in the 1990s to ask if he was interested in taking on the role of 007. Neeson had just received an Oscar nomination for Best Actor for "Schindler's List." Why turn down one of the most iconic action roles in movie history? It all came down to an ultimatum from Neeson's late wife, Natasha Richardson.

“'Schindler's List' had come out and Barbara [Broccoli] had called me a couple of times to ask if I was interested, and I said, 'Yes, I'd be interested.' And then my lovely wife [Natasha Richardson], God rest her soul, said to me while we were shooting 'Nell' in the Carolinas, 'Liam, I want to tell you something: if you play James Bond, we don't get married.'"

Neeson's love for Richardson outweighed his interest in playing James Bond. What Neeson did do was annoy Richardson by "going behind her back, making my fingers look like I'm holding a gun and [humming the James Bond theme song]," he said. "I loved doing that shit!"

"She gave me an ultimatum about James Bond," Neeson added. And she was serious! Come on, there are all these beautiful girls in various countries getting in and out of bed. I'm sure a lot of his decision-making was based on that!"

Fortunately for the actor, he would get a second chance at action movie stardom with the “Taken” franchise. Neeson would also try his hand at mega franchising with his role as Qui-Gon Jinn in "Star Wars: The Phantom Menace."

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.