Type Here to Get Search Results !

Blanca Soto is more than a beautiful face on television

Beauty and talent combine in this television, film, and theater actress

Blanca Soto is more than a beautiful face on television

As a child, Blanca Soto never thought that she would become the well-known actress that she is today. At that time, her big dream was to be an Olympic gymnast. “I admired Nadia Comaneci a lot,” she recalls. However, she ended up studying Graphic Design. “Her performance didn't feel very close to me. I liked directing and producing more, but not acting, because she was very shy...".

After going through beauty pageants and working as a model, she began her acting career in television, film, and theater, three mediums that she claims to enjoy very much. “To me, they are essentially the same. A fellow actor told me that it's like swimming and he's absolutely right. Obviously, swimming in a pool is not the same as swimming in a river or in the sea. You have to learn the characteristics of each medium. “I really like it when I have the chance to improvise.”

Recently, Blanca premiered the play Obscuro Total, in a production in which she had Fernando Colunga, Ernesto Laguardia, and Aylín Mujica as partners. “We did 12 shows in Los Angeles and now we have confirmed presentations in Puerto Rico, Chicago, and Miami. The director of the work is Fernando Colunga. It has been a great opportunity to meet him in this other facet, since we had already starred together in the soap opera Porque el amor Manda. In Los Angeles, we did two shows a day and each one was different; The audience always surprises you with their exclamations, their laughter, and their reactions. It's something really cool: it's like riding the wave that comes and surfing on it... That's the magic of theater.”

For Blanca, working with Ernesto and Aylín has also been a pleasant experience. “I had not had the pleasure of meeting Aylín before, but I love her work. She is a phenomenal, super cute companion. With Ernesto, she had done the dubbing for an animated film titled Yes, Virginia, There Is a Santa Claus. He did the voice of Virginia's father and I did the voice of her mother. So we always joke that we're 'cartoon husband and wife.'"

Blanca Soto is more than a beautiful face on television

As Blanca explains to us, Obscuro total is a tragicomedy: “It has a little bit of everything and the characters are not what they seem to be. The audience can laugh at times and at other times feel overwhelmed because it is a pretty strong drama. I would love for it to also be presented in Mexico. I'm sure people would enjoy watching it.”

Blanca is studying several television and film projects, but she has not yet decided which ones she will get involved in in the coming months. When we ask her what type of character she would like to play in her next project, a comedy or a dramatic one, she immediately responds: “On television, I would like to have the opportunity to get into the skin of a character stronger than the ones I have done. A protagonist with a little more character. But whatever comes will always be welcome, because work is work!”

Her voice can be heard in the film Son of God, directed by Christopher Spencer. This production, which narrates the entire life of Jesus from beginning to end, can be seen in theaters in the United States, as well as in English, dubbed into Spanish by a group of prominent Latin performers. Blanca lent her voice to Mary Magdalene; Adriana Barraza, to María; Jaime Camil to Pedro, and Eduardo Verástegui to Jesus Christ. “It is an exquisite production, with cinematography very careful in all its details and it has been an honor to be part of it,” says Blanca.

A less-known facet of the protagonist of the soap operas Eva Luna and Talismán is that of a businesswoman. Blanca partnered with Peggy Jones, a renowned Hollywood makeup artist, to create Heaven's Brush, a collection of cosmetic brushes made with synthetic hair sold in boutiques in Los Angeles. “The idea is that to put on makeup and look good, she doesn't need to use a brush that required killing an animal to make. Our brush is softer, cleans easily, and no one was hurt to produce it. In the future, we plan to add new products to the brand or improve the ones we already have.”

When asking Blanca where she lives, she answers without thinking twice: “On a plane. “I spend my life traveling,” she explains. “I'm the same in Mexico as I am in Miami, Los Angeles, or New York because I don't stay in the same place for long. “Work keeps me moving constantly.” That “gypsy” life is not new for her, because she tells us that since she was little, her parents and she moved to another city. Then, independently, she has been to Milan, Paris, New York... "It's something that I have incorporated! I'm used to being on the move. It's part of me. I feel that every time I arrive at a place "I renew myself, I meet people and I visit different places. Obviously, I always keep my roots in my home in Monterrey, where my mother is."

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.