Type Here to Get Search Results !

Jenna Ortega suffered bullying for her appearance before becoming a successful actress

Jenna Ortega conquered our hearts after giving life to Merlina, in the series that bears her name.

Jenna Ortega suffered bullying for her appearance before becoming a successful actress

But the actress has a long artistic career, especially in productions of the horror genre. Far from being scary, the person behind her characters is shown to be a simple woman, focused on her career, and who avoids romantic relationships. Additionally, she explained the difficulties she endured because of being Latina and because of her appearance.

Far from identifying with a diva role, or believing herself to be a superstar, Jenna lives with her feet on the ground and is even uncomfortable with the growing fame she has experienced recently, thanks to her work with Tim Burton in Merlina. What attracts him most about it is being able to work with big names and learn from them. “Lately, all the things that have come with my job make me feel like I'm not worth it. I don't want to feel like a walking advertisement or feel like I'm losing control of my life. “I don’t want to belong to anyone or anything,” Jenna explained in an interview.

Can you imagine Jenna without her special brown eyes, and with green eyes instead? We did it to see how she looked! Don't stop reading: What 18 celebrities would look like if they didn't have brown eyes.

She is currently recognized as “The Queen of Horror”, since within her work, she has played great roles in this genre, such as The Babysitter: Killer Queen, Scream, Studio 666, X, and American Carnage. Her passion for this type of production began as a child when she decided that she wanted to be an actress after seeing Dakota Fanning in Man on Fire. “I watched that movie over and over again, and I couldn't understand how such a young person could scare me so much. But I also loved how she made me feel. I decided that that was what I was passionate about,” said the protagonist of Merlina.

Celebrities are not always photogenic because, at the end of the day, they are human! We present this article where Jenna and more famous people, instead of looking perfect in a photo, ended up looking like a meme.

Jenna explained that she doesn't like romantic comedies because many times the main female character is focused on a man and her story. In her private life, she also distances herself from love, since she is very committed to her work and the idea of her relationship stresses her out. She doesn't like the idea of being vulnerable or having someone else know her too deeply.

If you want to find out what the television series Merlina would look like if it had only been made with famous actors, you can click here.

The 20-year-old actress said that when she was younger she had a very hard time being discriminated against. “I had very dark hair, I'm Latina... I remember being very insecure about my body hair, especially the hair on my arms. There was a girl who was my 'friend' who told me that she had 'gorilla arms', because of the long hairs that she had on her arms."

“When I was in sixth grade, my mom finally let me shave my legs. He showed me how to do it, but when I came out of the bathroom, he realized that, in addition to my legs, he had shaved my arms, he got angry, because he never told me I could do it," Jenna explained, adding: "I knew it would be a problem, because she was very strict, but it was a very big insecurity that I had. To this day I shave my arms every day.”

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.