Type Here to Get Search Results !

Britney Spears reveals struggles with medication addiction and her party days

New revelations from Britney Spears' upcoming memoir, "The Woman in Me," provide insight into her past struggles with medication addiction and her party days.

Britney Spears reveals struggles with medication addiction and her party days

In the book, Britney candidly shares that, contrary to tabloid rumors, she wasn't into hard drugs like cocaine or ecstasy, and alcohol wasn't a problem for her. 

Instead, she found solace in a different substance: Adderall, a prescription drug commonly used to treat attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in both children and adults.

Britney describes how this medication temporarily shielded her from depressive thoughts, allowing her to interact with others without difficulty. She reflects, "What I found much more attractive was that it gave me a few hours to feel less depressed."

During a turbulent period in her life, Britney was frequently seen with fellow celebrities Lindsay Lohan and Paris Hilton, resulting in significant media attention. Despite the wild narratives spun by the press, she asserts that she "was never as wild as the press made her out to be."

However, her escapades with Paris and Lindsey had repercussions. Britney previously disclosed that the first time her mother physically reprimanded her was after a late-night outing with her friends. She shared this on her Instagram in 2022, saying, "The first time I got slapped was the only night Paris and Lindsay left me at my beach house with my babies. My mom was watching (my kids) Jayden and Preston... Yeah, I was partying until 4 in the morning And my mom was pissed! I walked in, she looked at me and hit me so hard I will never forget it."

One of the most iconic moments in Britney's life was when she shaved her head while paparazzi surrounded her. This act fueled speculations about her mental state and sobriety. In her forthcoming book, Britney reveals that she was indeed sober during this episode, but her emotional turmoil was undeniable.

"With my head shaved, everyone was afraid of me, even my mother. Stirring through those weeks without my children, I went crazy, over and over again. I didn't even know how to take care of myself," Britney reflects. "I am willing to admit that in the throes of severe postpartum depression, the abandonment of my husband, the torture of being separated from my two babies, the death of my beloved Aunt Sandra, and the constant hype of paparazzi pressure, I would begin to think in some aspects like a girl."

The book goes on to detail Britney's experiences under her conservatorship and how it evolved over time. While it initially seemed necessary to help her regain control, the situation gradually became oppressive. Britney explains, "Under guardianship, they made me understand that those days were over. I had to grow my hair out and get back in shape. I had to go to bed early and take whatever medication they told me... As for my passion for singing and dancing, at that time it was almost a joke."

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.