Type Here to Get Search Results !

Elliot Page proudly showed off his new passport photo

Since February 2020, the actor has shared the complications and satisfactions of his gender transition; document image of it is an important part of this process.

Elliot Page proudly showed off his new passport photo

Canadian actor Elliot Page has been open to talking about the difficulties of his transition since he made it public in 2020 and has become a reference in the defense of the rights of trans people. “I am not exaggerating with the joy it is to really see yourself. I know that others see me differently, but I'm starting to look like myself. It is indescribable,” he recently wrote in an article for the magazine.

That feeling is reflected in his Instagram posts, where he has decided to share part of the process with his followers. A few hours ago, he received affection after publishing the photograph of his new passport, an everyday procedure that for many could go unnoticed but for him it is an important step. “I never thought I would love a passport photo,” he captioned the image. Both friends of the artistic world and fans filled him with positive comments: “You're the only one who looks incredible, all the rest of us look like we haven't eaten or slept for days.”

In late 2020, Page went public that he identified as a trans and non-binary person, a category that describes someone whose gender identity is neither male nor female. Since then, he has asked that his person be referred to with the pronouns he/they, in English, and him/them, in Spanish.

The activist has also sought to serve as a guide for trans children and young people and, since that first statement, expressed his convictions: “The more I embrace myself and fully embrace who I am, the more I dream, the more my heart grows and the more I prosper. To all trans people who face harassment, self-hatred, abuse, and the threat of violence every day: I see you, I love you, and I will do everything I can to change this world for the better.”

On March 31, 2022, the United States government announced a change to assist with the transition of those who do not identify as men or women: it added the “X” gender option so that trans and non-binary people would not be seen forced to be pigeonholed into categories that do not represent them when applying for a passport. Joe Biden's administration says it is committed to promoting more changes in this regard, such as in the case of inspections and searches based on gender and even in the forms for boarding a plane.

One of the most recent performances of Elliot Page is in The Umbrella Academy, the series produced by Netflix that has been very important in his process, since he has congratulated the platform for not erasing his character Vanya Hargreeves from history and, in Instead, show the transition in the narrative arc to introduce Viktor Hargreeves in the third season.

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.