Type Here to Get Search Results !

Winona Ryder Opens Up About Personal Struggles Following Johnny Depp Breakup

In a recent interview, Winona Ryder opened up about the tumultuous period she faced during the mid-90s following her separation from Johnny Depp.

Winona Ryder Opens Up About Personal Struggles Following Johnny Depp Breakup

During the early 90s, Johnny Depp and Winona Ryder were the golden couple of Hollywood, capturing the imaginations of many. Their love story took root in 1989 at the New York premiere of 'Great Balls of Fire.' A mere two months later, they embarked on their first date, and within just five months, they were engaged. The duo's popularity reached its pinnacle when they co-starred in 'Edward Scissorhands' in 1990.

However, after four years of courtship, Winona Ryder and Johnny Depp went their separate ways in June 1993, marking the end of a relationship that would forever remain a cherished chapter in Hollywood's history. So profound was their connection that Depp even tattooed "Winona Forever" on his body—a gesture he later amended to "Wino Forever."

In her recent interview with Harper's Bazaar magazine, Winona Ryder provided candid insights into the challenging period she navigated after her breakup with Depp. She likened this phase of her life to an "innocence interrupted in real life," drawing parallels to her role in the 1999 film where her character is admitted to a psychiatric facility.

Ryder revealed that during this challenging time, a compassionate therapist encouraged her to visualize her younger self and treat her with kindness. She recalled, "I remember I was playing this character who ends up being tortured in a Chilean prison [in the drama from 1994's 'The House of the Spirits']. I would look at these simulated bruises and cuts on my face [from filming], and I would struggle to view myself as that girl. 'Would you treat this girl as you treat yourself?' I distinctly remember scrutinizing myself and admitting, 'This is what I'm doing to myself on the inside.' I simply wasn't looking after myself."

Opening up, she admitted, "I've never spoken about it. There's a part of me that's intensely private. I hold a special place in my heart for those days. However, it's challenging for today's youth, who've grown up in the age of social media, to grasp."

Despite the end of their romantic involvement in 1993, Winona Ryder has consistently expressed warmth and affection for Johnny Depp. She supported him, particularly during the allegations of domestic violence made by Amber Heard. In a statement to 'Time' magazine, Ryder affirmed that she had never experienced any abusive behavior from Depp.

Sharing her perspective, she emphasized, "I can only speak from my own experience, which significantly contrasts with the claims. He was never, not once, that way with me. He never acted abusively towards me. I know him as a genuinely good, loving, and protective individual, especially when it comes to those he cares about."

"I wasn't a witness to the events. I can't vouch for what transpired. I'm not labeling anyone as dishonest. I'm merely stating that comprehending it is bewildering and distressing for me. It was a long time ago, but we were together for four years, and it was an exceptional relationship for me. Consider how it would feel if someone you dated when you were (I was 17 when I met him) faced such accusations. It's utterly shocking. I've never witnessed him being violent with anyone," she concluded.

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.