Type Here to Get Search Results !

Salma Hayek revealed that she was not cast in comedies Movies

Salma Hayek, a highly experienced Mexican actress with a flourishing career in the U.S. film industry, has encountered her share of challenges, particularly when it comes to the comedy genre.

Salma Hayek revealed that she was not cast in comedies Movies

In a recent interview, the Mexican actress disclosed that she had often been typecast as "too alluring" to fit into comedy films. Despite her roles in films such as "Fools Rush In" alongside Matthew Perry in 1997 and "Breaking Up" with Russell Crowe, making a mark in the comedy genre proved to be quite a hurdle.

Hayek shared, "I was typecast for a significant portion of my career. Throughout my life, I had a deep desire to work in comedy, but landing comedic roles was a struggle. It wasn't until I crossed paths with Adam Sandler, who cast me in the 2010 comedy 'Grown Ups,' but by then, I was already in my forties! There was a time when they used to say, 'You're too attractive, so humor isn't your forte.' In the '90s, it was as if intelligence and humor couldn't coexist."

Reflecting on that period, she admitted, "At the time, it was disheartening. However, here I am today, working across a spectrum of genres, at an age when I was once told I'd be past my prime, out of the business. So, I'm not despondent; I'm not furious. I'm simply reveling in it."

Role in "Magic Mike's Last Dance"

At the age of 56, Salma Hayek takes on the role of Maxandra Mendoza, the new love interest of Channing Tatum's character, in "Magic Mike's Last Dance." Together, they collaborate to establish a male stripper magazine within the film.

Rather than following a conventional storyline of an older woman falling for a younger man, Hayek characterizes it as a narrative about a middle-aged woman with substantial potential who is weary of being underestimated.

In one of the movie's scenes, Hayek engages in a sensual dance with Tatum, an experience she found to be rather challenging. "There's a scene where I'm positioned upside down, and it was crucial to get my leg placement right. However, when you're upside down, your sense of direction becomes disoriented, and I didn't execute it as planned. During rehearsals, I nearly hit my head on the ground," she disclosed, noting that it marked her first encounter with a male dance.

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.