Type Here to Get Search Results !

Jennifer Lawrence talks about her problems facing fame

Actress Jennifer Lawrence at the premiere of 'Causeway' at the London Film Festival

The first films that made today's established actors famous tend to hide experiences that are not always good for all of them. This is the case of Jennifer Lawrence, who starred in the saga of The Hunger Games between 2012 and 2015.

The actress has spoken in an interview with The New York Times about how she was dealing with fame at just 22 years old. Although she assures that “the movies were fantastic”, she does point out that she was afraid of the consequences they would have.

To deal with the premieres and the constant media pressure they lived with, both Lawrence and her co-stars Josh Hutcherson and Liam Hemsworth used alcohol and drugs.

“The boys and I would go back to our hotel and just drink and do drugs. We did it to help cope with the intense pressures of fame, which made us feel like a commodity, "he told the interpreter, who has detailed that the only drug they consumed was marijuana.

After her confession, the interpreter who gave life to Katniss Everdeen joked that she was no longer like that, especially worried about her political family “My mother-in-law is going to love this. I don't do it anymore, I'm a mom!” she declared with a laugh before admitting that on the set of Don't Look Up she had to get really high for one of the scenes. "You can tell the journalists, but don't tell my mother-in-law," she joked.

I discovered that directors and producers that I really love and admire had scripts that were not coming to me

Jennifer Lawrence talks about her problems facing fame

For Lawrence, the fame that came with these films and the Oscar she received for The Bright Side made her not own her own career. “I found out that directors and producers that I really love and admire had scripts that weren't coming to me,” she recalled. “I had let myself be kidnapped,” she emphasized.

The actress, who has participated in many less commercial projects since her rise to fame, stressed that she is no longer afraid of being exposed to groups of teenagers: "They don't know who I am anymore."

“Now I am having more or less the life that I imagined”, she has detailed her. However, the thought of stepping into Everdeen's shoes again makes her feel very “old”. "I remember being 21 years old and thinking, 'My God, one day they're going to do a remake. But by then she should be very old! I'll be dead!'” she joked.

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.