"It is a completely different profession"
The actor who played Mysterio said it was difficult for him to feel comfortable on the set of Spider-Man: Far From Home.
At this point, the movies and series of the Marvel Studios universe have had a lot of recognized actors playing some of their heroes and villains. But although figures like Samuel L. Jackson have had a fairly regular participation in these productions, other actors have had more limited commitments and it could even be speculated that they have simply gone through these bets for their juicy salaries.
However, in a recent interview, Jake Gyllenhaal assured that participating in a Marvel movie would not be so easy for the actors because it would require a different job and, to a certain extent, more challenging.
Particularly during an interview with Howard Stern, Gyllenhaal addressed his work on Spider-Man: Far From Home, and after the subject of green-screen acting came up, the actor who played Mysterio pointed out that being in the MCU was everything. a challenge for him.
"It's tough, man," Gyllenhaal said. “That performance is difficult. Everything in it (it's hard). That world is huge. And I joined that world when they had already started, it was a train that was already moving. Normally, I arrive early and I can figure it out.”
“It was like: ‘You have to deliver in this space,'” Gyllenhaal added, before noting that participating in Marvel films “is a completely different trade, they move with ideas. It's actually quite creative."
Gyllenhaal went on to explain that on movies like Spider-Man: Far From Home the production can adjust their plans if someone has a better idea than what was in the script.
However, although Gyllenhaal says that he "loved" that way of working, he also acknowledged that it was difficult for him to get into the rhythm of that superhero production.
"I remember that on the first day of shooting I couldn't remember my lines," said the actor. "It was driving me crazy. It was a scene with (Samuel L.) Jackson, Tom (Holland) and there were several actors in that scene. And I remember not being able to remember my lines. I was the wooden plank. And I was like, 'Wow!' I went to see Tom Holland and I was like, 'Dude, help me.' He said: 'It's all good, man. Just relax'. It was like he was me in many situations. And finally I did. I just put a lot of pressure (on myself) because I love that world."
In fact, Gyllenhaal maintains that he had to point out to someone (probably Spider-Man: Far From Home director Jon Watts) that he could play Mysterio. “I had to go up there and say, ‘Look, I just came off Broadway doing a one-man show for an hour and a half on stage, so I can do this. Please believe me,'” the actor recalled.
Although he was an integral part of Spider-Man: Far From Home, given the ending of that film, Gyllenhaal's future in the MCU is uncertain at this time and will probably only become clear with Spider-Man: No Way Home in December.

