Elton John reveals that he suffered from prostate cancer that brought him to the brink of death.
The 'Celebrity News' will tell the memories of Elton John and, this week, has brought to light an unprecedented episode of the singer that happened two years ago and was about to cause his death. The singer talks about a prostate cancer that has already been overcome, but for which he suffered an infection that had him "24 hours from death."
It happened during his tour of South America. He began to sweat and shake and had to be taken to King Edward VII Hospital in London. "My last memory is of him hyperventilating while they were trying to find a vein to give me an injection. It was half past two in the afternoon, I was on an operating room table, draining lymphatic fluid from the diaphragm," Elton explains.
"For two days I was in intensive care. When I came to, they told me that I had contracted a serious infection in South America, and that they were treating me with huge intravenous doses of antibiotics. But the fever returned," he details the entire process before adding : "They took a sample of the infection and it turned out to be more serious than they first thought. I had MRIs and God knows what other tests. The doctors told David, I was 24 hours from death. If he turns it in South America it would have lasted one more day, it would be stiff".
"I was extremely lucky, although I have to say I didn't feel very lucky then. I would stay up all night wondering if I was going to die. In the hospital, alone in the dead of night, I would pray, 'Please don't let I die, please let me see my children again, please give me a little more time,'" she concludes.

