Type Here to Get Search Results !

Jennifer Lopez revealed that she was S- harassed by a film director

For the first time, the singer and actress recounted a traumatic experience lived a few years ago during a wardrobe fitting

Jennifer Lopez - who could receive an Oscar nomination for her role in Hustlers - denounced that a director asked her to show him her B-, claiming that she was going to appear N- in a scene from a movie, although the meeting did not take place. off the set. Ella jlo thus joins the long list of Hollywood stars who decide to expose situations of abuse of power that they had to keep quiet for decades.

"A director during costume fittings asked me to take off my shirt because I was supposed to be N- in the movie," the artist said during a panel discussion with other actresses organized by The Hollywood Reporter. "I wanted to see my B-. And I told him that we were not on the set, "explained Lopez, who did not reveal the name of the director, nor the film they were shooting or the year in which the events occurred.

“I said no, I defended myself. But I remember that at that moment I panicked. And by the way, there was a costume designer in the room with me. So there was another woman in the room, he told me this and I said no,” she pointed out.

“If you give in at that moment, suddenly that person gets away with it, believing that she can do whatever she wants. But because I set a line for him and said no, he later apologized. The moment I left the room, the costume designer told me 'I'm very sorry for what just happened,' ”recalled the interpreter of Latino origin, who joked that the personality she learned as a very young girl from the native Bronx came out. her.

The other actresses who joined Lopez at the THR roundtable were Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o, Awkwafina, Laura Dern, and Renée Zellweger.

After the episode reported by JLo, Nyong'o celebrated that Hollywood culture has changed in recent times thanks to the #MeToo movement and that such cases occur less often: "The difference now is that because of the conversations that are taking place in public, it is easier to call attention when something is not appropriate.

“What happened now is a great lesson for all women. These things are not okay, and no matter what context you are in, it is never okay to feel uncomfortable. The light is on now, both in what feels comfortable and how to set boundaries,” she added.

Jennifer Lopez revealed that she was S- harassed by a film director

Lopez stars in Hustlers along with Constance Wu, Julia Stiles, Keke Palmer, and Lili Reinhart. The film is written and directed by Lorene Scafaria. For her role as her stripper in the aforementioned film, the 50-year-old interpreter could be considered for the first time by the Hollywood Academy at the 2020 Oscars, on February 4.

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.