Type Here to Get Search Results !

Kyra Sedgwick Admits She Was Jealous of Julia Roberts

"I'd say, 'I've been in this field a lot longer than she has – it's so unfair,'" the Train Daddy star admitted.

Kyra Sedgwick confessed that, at the beginning of her career, she hated when she was compared to another rising star in Hollywood: Julia Roberts.

The star of 'Born on the 4th of July (1989), 'Training Dad' (2007), and 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' (2013-2021) admitted this discomfort in a conversation with the magazine. She said that she had heard about Julia long before she became famous. “I have been working since I was 16. I think I was about 18 or 19 when I was auditioning and people would come up to me and say, 'Has anyone ever told you that you look like Julia Roberts?'" Sedgwick said, laughing. "I was like: 'Who the hell is Julia Roberts? What are you talking about? Who is this person?'

Kyra Sedgwick Admits She Was Jealous of Julia Roberts

After her professional colleague was successful in 'A Beautiful Woman' (1990), Kyra started to feel a little jealous. "I'd say, 'I've been in this field a lot longer than she has – it's so unfair,'" she admitted. "I had a few moments like that. But in the end, I fully embraced it – I mean, she's beautiful and bright, so that's fine! But I remember it being hard to get used to at first."

Kyra added, however, that she never had a serious feud with Julia, despite the media comparing the two a lot during the 1990s. "I think people try to create rivalries between women all the time because that's another way of diluting our power," she reflects. "And I just couldn't take it."

Kyra has already worked with Julia Roberts, including co-starring in the novel 'O Poder do Amor' (1995).

The 'Born on the 4th of July' actress, who has been married to Kevin Bacon since 1988 and has two children with him, is currently working on the drama 'Thirsty', which does not yet have a release date. She also worked on 'The Summer That Changed My Life' and 'Guardians of the Galaxy: Holiday Special' in 2022.

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.