Type Here to Get Search Results !

Raeden Greer accuses Cary Fukunaga of firing her from 'True Detective' for refusing to go N-

Raeden Greer has stated that she was fired from 'True Detective' for refusing to do a sequence.

According to Magazine, although her contract did not include an N- clause, Cary Fukunaga, director of 'No Time to Die', pressured her to undress: "Cary told me at that moment, 'Everyone in this series goes topless. All the women in the series go topless. Your character is a stripper, so you have to do it."

Raeden Greer accuses Cary Fukunaga of firing her from 'True Detective' for refusing to go N-

In the interview, the actress insisted that she had been assured that at no time did she have to take off her clothes since most of the time her character was in the dressing room of the club where she worked. When she received the completed script, she noticed that there was a scene that indicated that her character had to dance: “I started wondering: 'Are they going to try something with me? Because there has never been any mention of her having N- in this role,” Greer stated. To make sure of her, the interpreter again consulted her representative and the casting on the subject in question, but she kept receiving the same answer.

When she went to the wardrobe fitting, she found that there were only bikinis and bras in the room: "Once again, they constantly told me, you are not going to be N-," Greer explained. On the day of the shoot, what has feared from the beginning happened, they only gave her a thong and a robe to cover herself: “I said over the PA: 'Can you get someone to come and talk to me because I feel extremely uncomfortable in this situation? I need to talk to someone about this before I continue.'” After this, she had a discussion of more than 10 minutes with Fukunaga, who finally guaranteed that she would fix the problem.

However, several hours later, a producer informed her that they had found someone else to take her role: “It was demeaning. It was humiliating and made me feel really bad. As soon as I got in my car I started crying and called my agent and told him what happened. She couldn't believe it," lamented the actress.

Raeden Greer accuses Cary Fukunaga of firing her from 'True Detective' for refusing to go N-

Greer wanted to tell her story after seeing Fukunaga giving multiple interviews about how he wanted to bring James Bond into the #MeToo era with 'No Time to Die': “And now, Cary is here talking about his female characters, it's like another slap in the face in the face over and over and over again. Yes, she has had an illustrious career, and what happened to me? Nobody cares".

It would not be an isolated case

Several stars like Julia Roberts, Sarah Jessica Parker, Blake Lively, and Kristen Bell have signed contracts that stipulate that they should not appear N- in their work.

“I do not judge anyone who decides to carry it out. I even think it's great that people feel comfortable doing it. I just don't," Parker explained to the Hollywood Reporter.

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.