Type Here to Get Search Results !

Meghan Markle quit acting after getting engaged to Prince Harry

Meghan Markle admits her career 'took a bit of a turn'

To say that Meghan Markle's career took a different trajectory would be an understatement. At the UK premiere of The Lion King, the Duchess of Sussex chatted with one of the film's stars and fellow Northwestern University student, Billy Eichner. The actor revealed during an appearance on The Magazine that the two talked about his former acting professors in college and his career in Hollywood after graduation. Billy commented: "[Meghan] said to me, 'Congratulations on your career.' I said, 'Congratulations on your career,' and she said, 'Well, things have taken a bit of a turn.'"

Meghan Markle quit acting after getting engaged to Prince Harry

The Duchess starred in the USA Network legal drama series Suits for seven seasons. Meghan gave up on her acting career after her royal engagement to Prince Harry in 2017. Meghan revealed her decision during the couple's first joint TV interview.

“I just see it as a change,” Meghan said. “It's a new chapter, right? You also have to keep in mind that I worked on my show for seven seasons. So we were very, very lucky to be able to achieve that kind of longevity in a series. For me, once we got to the 100th episode I was like, you know what? I have already met that goal and I am very proud of the work I have done there and now it is time to work as a team with you.”

At the time, the reality TV star admitted that she was looking to use her new platform to focus on the causes that were important to her. Meghan noted: “I think what's been really exciting is we've talked about the transition out of my career, but also into a role that, as you say, touches on causes that have been very important to me. I'm able to focus more energy on them because, once you're out there, you realize that once you have access to a voice that people are willing to listen to, comes a lot of responsibility, which I take very seriously."

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.