Type Here to Get Search Results !

Tom Holland reveals he has been sober for over a year and constantly struggles with triggers

Tom Holland opened up about his decision to get sober and take more care of his mental health.

The 26-year-old actor, who plays Spider-Man in theaters these days, addressed that subject when speaking to the magazine about his new series, 'The Crowded Room,' in which he plays an antisocial young man who is arrested after a shooting and goes through a process of self-reflection. Pointing out that he's been on a journey through sobriety for a year and four months now, Holland said his new character has made him reflect more on himself.

Tom Holland reveals he has been sober for over a year and constantly struggles with triggers

“Learning about mental health and the power of it, and talking to psychiatrists about the struggles [of characters] Danny and Billy, has been very informative for my own life,” said the star, who confirmed his relationship with Zendaya in 2021.

Without revealing which substance he has been avoiding, the British still highlighted that he has been able to “recognize triggers” and stressors linked to addiction, such as social networks.

In addition, Holland revealed that he found it difficult to break out of character after the recording of 'The Crowded Room'. "I was seeing myself in it, but in my personal life. I remember having a little meltdown at home and thinking, 'I'm going to shave my head. I need to shave my head because I need to get rid of this character.' And obviously, we were in the middle of filming so I decided not to do it… It was like nothing I've experienced before,” he said.

The actor hopes that viewers of his series "have more respect and more empathy for those who are going through mental health problems". "I hope people feel informed about the powers of mental health, the hardships [and] our incredible abilities to survive," he said.

In April 2020, the beginning of the Covid-19 pandemic in North America, Tom Holland said on the talk show 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' that he was not having problems dealing with the three friends with whom he shared a house. "We're drunk all the time," stated the artist, before pointing out that he was considering giving up alcohol. "I actually said this weekend that I was going to stop drinking for a week, and then I'd have a week off," he reported.

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.