Type Here to Get Search Results !

Five actresses who lived through humiliating auditions, scorn, and mistreatment on set

Amy Schumer, why she didn't want to be Barbie

Five actresses who lived through humiliating auditions, scorn, and mistreatment on set

Although Margot Robbie and Ryan Gosling were chosen to lead Greta Gerwig's Barbie movie, when the project came up in 2016, the actress who had been announced to bring the iconic doll to life was Schumer. Back then, the film was scheduled for a 2018 release; However, the comedian left the project a year later, leaving the production on standby. The truth is that the actress did not have it easy when her name was linked to that role: from the first moment her name was confirmed in the project, she received a lot of criticism and negative comments about her body. For her part, she did not hesitate to respond to the insults on her social networks: "Her attacks on her make us see that something is not working in our society and we have to work together to change it."

In an interview for Watch What Happens Live, the interpreter assured that she decided to get off the Barbie project due to "creative differences" that did not allow her to move forward. "They said that she was too thin," she later ironized. "But there's a new team behind it and it seems like she's very feminist and cool, so I'll see her," Schumer revealed, stating that the previous project didn't feel "feminist or nice."

Meryl Streep and a nasty comment in Italian

Even the most recognized and awarded actress of our time had to face a humiliating situation. At barely 27 years old, Meryl Streep was unknown to the industry and went to a casting with legendary producer Dino De Laurentiis for the 1976 King Kong remake. During the audition, De Laurentiis began making comments in Italian about how "ugly" that it was Streep, but was unaware that the actress knew the language. "I'm sorry that you think I'm too ugly, but that's just your opinion... I'm going to look for a kinder opinion," replied the one who would become a legend of the seventh art.

Gwyneth Paltrow and the most appalling episode of her career

Five actresses who lived through humiliating auditions, scorn, and mistreatment on set

The actress and businesswoman do not tremble when it comes to talking about s- harassment in the mecca of cinema and denouncing the crimes of great magnates like Harvey Weinstein. In an interview with Elle magazine, she recalled an unpleasant episode experienced at the beginning of her career: “When I was starting out, someone suggested that we finish a meeting in her room. I left, I was in shock. I realized that maybe someone who didn't know what to do at the time might think that her career would be over if she didn't perform on that guy,” she revealed.

Jennifer Lawrence, emphatic before a request out of place

Before succeeding in Hollywood and winning an Oscar for The Light Side of Life, Jennifer Lawrence was humiliated during an audition. “The producers of a movie asked me to lose seven kilos in two weeks. The producer made me strip and line up with five other women, skinnier and she told me that I had to use the photos from that session as inspiration for my diet. When I complained to the producer, she told me that she didn't know why everyone thought she was fat if she was 'perfectly f-' for him”. After that episode, she revealed, she came to be considered a "difficult" actress for the studios.

Drew Barrymore and the most humiliating experience

Since his endearing role in E.T. The Alien, Drew Barrymore began an extensive career. In an interview, he recalled how an audition could become one of the worst moments in his career. “They didn't think she was worthy to audition with the casting director and they put me in a basement with an assistant. It was a scene where I had to make a hand gesture with the guy. It was the most humiliating experience I've had in my career. He was thinking: 'Here I am on a Sunday, with an assistant sticking his finger in my mouth. This is a new low point,” he confessed.

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.