Type Here to Get Search Results !

Kate Hudson and others talk about the 'Nepo-Babies' in Hollywood

Lily Allen, daughter of actor Keith Allen and film producer Alison Owen

Lily Allen, daughter of actor Keith Allen and film producer Alison Owen, also responded to the speech to defend herself and bring a bigger question to the conversation.

Kate Hudson and others talk about the 'Nepo-Babies' in Hollywood

“The repo babies you should be concerned about are the ones who work for law firms, the ones who work for banks, and the ones who work in politics if we're talking about real-world consequences and robbing people of opportunity. But that's none of my business. And before you come down on me for being a nepo-baby, I'll be the first to tell you that I literally don't deserve anything," Allen said.

Kate Moss's sister, Lottie Moss, also shared some thoughts, tweeting: "I'm so sick of people blaming nepotism because they're not rich or famous or successful. Obviously, it's not fair that people who come from famous families are getting an advantage because of that, but guess what? Life is not fair, if you put your mind to something you can achieve.

Kate Hudson, daughter of actress Goldie Hawn

Kate Hudson, daughter of actress Goldie Hawn, also defended herself in recent interviews:

“If it's about nepotism… I don't care. I look at my children and we are a family that tells stories. It's definitely in our blood. People can call it whatever they want, but it's not going to change it."

“I think there are other industries where nepotism is more common. Maybe modeling? I see it in business much more than I see it in Hollywood. Sometimes I've been in business meetings where I say, wait, whose child is this? As if this person doesn't know anything!”

“I don't care where you come from or what your relationship with the industry is,” she concluded. "If you work hard and achieve it, it doesn't matter."

Jamie Lee Curtis also responded

Jamie Lee Curtis also responded, acknowledging that nepotism is real, but that "the current conversation about nepo babies is only designed to try to belittle, denigrate, and hurt."

"For the record, I have sailed 44 years with the advantages that the associated and reflected fame (of my parents) brought me, I do not pretend that there are not but do not try to tell me that I have no value on my own," he continued. "It's funny how we immediately make assumptions and snide comments that someone related to someone else who is famous in their field for her art would somehow have no talent at all."

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.