Type Here to Get Search Results !

Kate Winslet confesses that she felt harassed after the success of the film

'Titanic' was one of the great titles of the nineties without a doubt

Kate Winslet confesses that she felt harassed after the success of the film

James Cameron launched the careers of his two leads, Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet. But of course, everything takes its toll. Now the actress claims that she was bullied by the press after being propelled to stardom so young when she starred in that blockbuster.

"I went into self-protection mode immediately after 'Titanic' came out. It was like night and day from one day to the next. I was subjected to a lot of personal physical scrutiny, I was criticized a lot and the British press was pretty cruel to me. "I was intimidated, to be honest," she continued. "I remember thinking, 'This is horrible and I hope it passes.' And it definitely did, but it made me realize that if that's what being famous was, I wasn't ready for it, then definitely not."

"I wasn't ready to be famous"

After 'Titanic', Winslet has had very different roles. She then searched for, as she assures, jobs of a more independent nature. "I was still learning acting, I felt like I wasn't ready to do a lot of big work in Hollywood. I didn't want to make mistakes and mess it up, I wanted to be there for the long haul. I strategically tried to find little things so that I could understand the craft a little better and keep some degree of privacy and dignity.

"And try to have a life?" Maron asked. "Yes, exactly," replied the actress. She also added that after having her daughter at the age of 25, the focus of the press changed and she also paid less attention to him by focusing on her daughter. "All of that stuff sort of evaporated a bit," she added.

Winslet has reunited with Cameron in the 'Avatar' sequel, and the actress revealed that she filmed two of the movies back-to-back. Now Winslet is among the options to enter the Oscar nominees this year for her leading role in Francis Lee's 'Ammonite'.

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.