Type Here to Get Search Results !

Melissa Barrera reveals secret to Success, a former TV actress who succeeds in Hollywood

Melissa Barrera, actress of Scream VI, it might seem that she became famous overnight, but the reality is that she has been working in acting since she was very young.

Melissa Barrera reveals secret to Success, a former TV actress who succeeds in Hollywood

The 32-year-old actress of Mexican origin spoke to People on Thursday and said that she first came to acting at age 17 when she was in high school. She later came to NYU and her passion for theater, however, her student visa expired and she had to move back to her home.

However, she followed her dream and had a reality show in Mexico and later came to soap operas. She later landed a role in In The Heights, which made her become a famous horror movie star for Scream VI, alongside Courteney Cox and Hayden Panettiere.

"I am a firm believer in manifesting things into existence," she famously said of how she furthered her career.

In Scream, she plays Sam Carpenter, the daughter of the original Ghostface movie's killer, Billy Loomis. “It all started at school. I grew up going to see my classmates in the theater, always wanting to be a part of it because it felt great," she said.

"She would be a little fan in the halls, watching the middle and high school students that were on the show.”

Barrera was accepted into the musical theater program at New York University's Tisch School of the Arts. "I went to New York University thinking, 'I'm going to graduate, and then I'm going to book something on Broadway and live in New York for the rest of my life.' That was my life plan.'

But her student visa expired shortly after finishing her studies. "I was like, 'How am I going to get a job? I'm never going to get kicked out of anything because I can't work,'" she recalls.

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.