Type Here to Get Search Results !

These five Celebrities have suffered gender violence

Charlize Theron

The experience of the actress was particularly hard. In 2017, on the occasion of the promotion of the Atomic movie, she spoke more openly than ever about how she lived with an alcoholic father whom her mother killed in her own defense on June 21, 1991: "I behaved as if I didn't would have happened. He didn't tell anyone.

These five Celebrities have suffered gender violence

If someone asked me, I would say that he had died in a traffic accident. Who would want to tell a story like that? I didn't know how to respond and I didn't know that I wanted to feel like a victim either. I fought this for years until I started going to therapy."

Her father's addiction marked her childhood and it also affected her adult life: "I lived every day at home with an alcoholic and I didn't know what would happen when I woke up because it depended on whether someone was going to drink or not. A dramatic situation that she shared with her mother, for whom she has great admiration for how she managed it: “She is incredible and an inspiration for my life. She never needed therapy and all she wanted was to keep her daughter out of all this, so her philosophy was to accept that everything was horrible, but that she had to make a choice, sink or swim. That was it," said the actress.

Reese Witherspoon

The actress made this confession at the beginning of 2018 to Oprah Winfrey: “There was a line drawn in the sand and it crossed… That was when my brain clicked and I knew it was going to be very difficult, I couldn't continue. It was something very deep and I was very young, really very young. He was also a different person. The fact that I stood up and made this decision for myself was a turning point in my life. Leaving these situations is not easy because you are full of doubts, especially if someone has damaged your self-esteem. I didn't have it and now I'm a completely different person."

Although the actress did not reveal which of her ex-partners she was referring to, some media outlets thought she could be referring to her ex-husband, actor Ryan Phillippe, whom his ex-girlfriend, Elsie Hewitt, had sued in September 2017: accusing him of having hit him and thrown down some stairs on the day of the 4th of July holiday. Although the actor denied it, he also revealed then that her previous partner, Paulina Slagter, had denounced him in March for harassment.

Kim Kardashian

These five Celebrities have suffered gender violence

The American socialite has been married three times. The first with music producer Damon Thomas, when she was just 19 years old. When the documents of their divorce, which took place in 2003, were leaked, it was discovered that she had accused him of physically and verbally mistreating her, something he denied in an interview published by In Touch magazine, in which, in addition to disqualifying her, he assured that it was he who had filed for divorce and stated that Kanye West's current wife had been unfaithful on several occasions.

Her account of her events is far from Kim's version: “Damon decided what he had to do and when. He was like the king of the castle. He constantly wanted to know where he was, ”said Kim in her reality show, where she revealed that she had married Damon after taking ecstasy and that, therefore, she was not aware of the step she was taking.

Rihanna

In February 2009, the singer was beaten up by her then-boyfriend, Chris Brown, after a pre-Grammy party. The also singer broke his lip and the image of Rihanna with the marks of her blows went around the world. For this attack, he was sentenced to five years in prison and 180 days of community service. Despite this episode, the couple gave each other a new opportunity, but the relationship did not prosper, although he has reiterated that he continues to feel something very special for her. In a documentary titled Cris Brown Welcome to My Life, she stated that she "felt like a monster" after the assault. In an interview after the attack, the singer gave an eloquent description of her relationship: "The more in love we were, the more dangerous we were to each other."

The rapper recently returned to the present day after being arrested in Paris accused of raping a woman on the night of January 15-16. Although he was released without charge a few hours later, the model has publicly accused him of having done so, for which the musician's legal team has sued her for defamation. The police are still investigating the facts.

Mariah Carey

Although when she spoke about her traumatic experience she did not reveal the name of the person she was referring to, everyone who was watching the E Show! in 2016 she knew she was targeting her ex-husband, music mogul Tommy Mottola, who is currently married to Mexican singer Thalía. It was not news, because Mariah had already revealed how bad she had been during her marriage years before her to the journalist Larry King.

In her case, she did not speak of physical violence but of other types of aggression or situations of abuse of power: “At that moment I was with someone who exercised enormous control over my life. She was much older than me and had a lot of power and I wanted her to be away from a lot of people. It was like being kidnapped,” she said, referring to the former president of Sony Music, 20 years her senior, and whom she married in 1993. “I had to ask permission to leave home. I thought I would never be able to escape from there,” she said.

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.