Type Here to Get Search Results !

Bryce Dallas Howard was paid much less than Chris Pratt

The Jurassic World trilogy performed extraordinarily at the box office, grossing $3.964 million worldwide. However, and as is customary in Hollywood, Universal Pictures negotiated very different contracts for its protagonists: Bryce Dallas Howard and Chris Pratt.

Bryce Dallas Howard was paid much less than Chris Pratt

In an interview with Insider, the Californian actress referred to a 2018 report that claimed that she received $8 million for her participation in the second installment of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (2018); two million less than what her male co-star was paid. Without giving an exact figure, Bryce claimed that her payment was actually much less.

“The reports were very interesting because they paid me much less than what they said, much less,” Howard said. “When I started negotiating for Jurassic World, it was 2014, it was a different world, and I was at a huge disadvantage. And unfortunately, you have to sign on for three movies, so your deals are locked in."

Later, Bryce Dallas Howard mentioned that she openly discussed the issue of the pay gap with Chris Pratt. It was precisely the actor who gives life to Star-Lord in the UCM who pushed for her to be compensated with the same pay through other windows linked to the franchise.

“What I will say is that Chris and I discussed it, and whenever there was an opportunity to move the needle on things that hadn't been negotiated yet, like a video game or an attraction, he would literally say to me, 'You don't even have to. Do nothing. I will do all the negotiating. They're going to pay us the same, and you don't have to worry about this, Bryce,'" Howard recounted. “I love him so much for doing that. I really do, because I got paid more for that kind of thing than for the movie."

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.