Type Here to Get Search Results !

Elle Fanning recounts her unpleasant experience in the film industry

Elle Fanning confessed that she lost out on a movie role when she was a teenager for a "disgusting" reason.

Elle Fanning recounts her unpleasant experience in the film industry

"I've never told this story, but I was auditioning for a movie. I did not get it. I don't even think it was made, but it was a comedy about a father-daughter road trip. My agents didn't tell me anything because they don't use to tell me things like that…but this affected me," Fanning revealed.

"She was 16 and someone said, 'Oh, she didn't get the part in the father-daughter comedy because she's 'un****ble,'" she continued, sparking surprise among her tablemates. "Yes, it's disgusting. Now I can laugh about it as if to say, 'What a disgusting pig!'"

Fanning, 25, did not reveal the name of the person or the movie in question but noted that her agents have been "incredible" protecting her from obscene comments like that and that their "filtration system" has surely prevented comments yet. more harmful.

The actress, Dakota Fanning's younger sister, was only 3 years old when she starred in I Am Sam (2001) alongside Sean Penn, and since then she has become a star in her own right. Although Fanning claimed to be "always immensely confident," she also admitted that being a child celebrity was "weird."

Fanning, who has worked with notable directors such as David Fincher, Cameron Crowe, and Sofia Coppola, reflected on the impact of fame on her life.

"Sometimes I see paparazzi photos when she was 12 years old and I think: 'Is it good to see yourself so reflected at that age? '. I don't feel like she damaged me, but she definitely made me very self-aware," Fanning shared.

This Fanning story adds to another experience of discrimination she recently shared, in which she lost out on a role because she "didn't have enough Instagram followers at the time." Currently, Fanning has 6.3 million followers on that platform.

Despite her fame as Sleeping Beauty in Maleficent (2014), Fanning is excited to break that stereotype by casting herself as the Russian Empress Catherine in The Great.

"That's a stereotype I really tried to break... she was thinking, 'This is all they think of me.' But with 'The Great'…she's like a blonde queen, but she's completely subverted because she's sassy and violent, and we say the 'C' word every now and then."

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.