Type Here to Get Search Results !

Jennifer Love Hewitt received 'rude' and inappropriate questions

Jennifer Love has said that people used to focus more on her body and figure than her acting ability.

Jennifer Love Hewitt received 'rude' and inappropriate questions

The 42-year-old actress began her career as a Disney Channel star before landing the film role of herself in the 2001 romantic comedy Heartbreakers, and she has said that people used to focus more on her figure than her acting ability.

Jennifer herself admitted that she didn't understand how inappropriate the comments were at the time because they were so common that they seemed normal.

"Gosh, I wish I knew how inappropriate that was so I could defend myself in some way or just not answer those questions," she told Vulture magazine.

"The conversation for a long time in my career was always about my body first, then, 'Oh yeah, you were great in the movie too.' She didn't understand. That's how I looked and was doing my job."

And the Tropic Thunder actress claims the comments became so frequent that she began to expect them from interviewers.

"I just started to (prepare), like, 'I know I'm going to do an interview today, so I'm pretty sure at least 20 of the 40 minutes will be about boobs and body stuff, so I'm just going to get it out of the way and then maybe they'll ask me something else,'" she recalled.

Jennifer also said that she didn't think the comments were inappropriate at the time because she thought people "wouldn't be asking" if it was out of line.

“Interviewers were asking what would now be incredibly inappropriate, gross things, but it didn't feel like that at the time. For some reason, in my brain, I was able to just say, 'Okay, well, I guess they wouldn't be asking if it was inappropriate,'” she explained.

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.