Type Here to Get Search Results !

They ask to cancel John Cena in China due to a mistake he made

John Cena, who plays Jakob Toretto in 'Fast and Furious 9', is in the eye of the hurricane due to a mistake he made and that has aroused a wave of negative comments mainly in China, where they seek to "cancel" it.

They ask to cancel John Cena in China due to a mistake he made

What a mess John Cena has gotten himself into, he is currently involved in promoting the Fast and Furious 9 movie in Asia, specifically in China.

At this time it is the focus of controversy due to a mistake he made during an interview, something that has even led him to publicly apologize in Mandarin, the official language of that nation and in which some movie premieres, coming from Hollywood or other parts of the world, are repeatedly canceled because they do not meet the requirements established by the government to be exhibited.

It all started when, in a chat with a media outlet, he referred to Taiwan as a country and not as part of China. This angered various sectors of the population of that territory, who immediately began to ""cancel" the actor due to the prolonged discussion that has taken place in the nation regarding Taiwan as being part of China, contrary to the thinking of various people. This forced the actor to apologize through a video posted on social networks and which you can see below:

"Hello China, I'm John Cena. I'm in the middle of promoting Fast and Furious 9. I'm doing a lot of interviews. I made a mistake in one of my interviews," said the leading actor in movies like Don't Touch Me and Playing with Fire: "Everyone asked me if I could use Chinese. The staff [of the film] gave me a lot of information, so there were a lot of interviews and information. I made a mistake. I have to say something very important now. I love and respect China and the Chinese people. I am very sorry for my mistake. I apologize, I am very sorry. You must understand that I really love and respect China and the Chinese people. My apologies. See you."

Many are surprised by the fluency with which John Cena speaks Mandarin, but it really is nothing new: he learned in his days as a WWE wrestler to join the international tours they did in China. Various people from the Asian country have shown their contempt for the actor despite the apology, while another sector is more calm with him. But that's not all, since a sector of the American population has also criticized him for apologizing to the Chinese population and giving in to pressure from that country, so it rains on the interpreter from various sides.

And let's not forget that China is a very important market for the Fast and Furious franchise, even thanks to the acceptance in that region, the saga has been able to break collection records, which is why it is understood that the apology was so fast. The good news for production company Universal Pictures is that the comment so far hasn't caused much revenue pain, as the debut of Fast & Furious 9 last weekend exceeded expectations. Even so, John Cena must now let time heal this controversy.

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.