Type Here to Get Search Results !

Margot Robbie is experiencing societal pressure to start a family

The actress is tired of always being asked when she will be a mother

Margot Robbie is experiencing societal pressure to start a family

Margot Robbie hates that she always gets asked the same question. The actress, who plays Queen Elizabeth I in the film Mary Queen of Scots, told the Radio Times Magazine that she is tired of women being pressured to have children.

"She infuriated me," Robbie said, referring to the requirement imposed on the monarch -whom she embodies in the film- to gestate an heir to the throne. She emphasized: "How dare a man tell me what to do or not to do about motherhood and my own body?"

The star assured that the issue is still current today and that she does not want to continue having to explain it.

"I got married (to filmmaker Tom Ackerley, in 2016), and the first question I'm asked in almost every interview is: 'When are you going to have a baby?'" the artist explained. "It makes me so angry that this social mandate exists. You got married, so now you have to have a child. Don't make assumptions. I'm going to do what I want," she concluded bitterly.

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.