Type Here to Get Search Results !

Sharon Stone hated working with Michael Douglas on Bass Instincts

Sharon Stone said that she had a tense relationship with her protagonist in the remembered 1992 thriller. The reason why they had a "strange energy".

Sharon Stone hated working with Michael Douglas on Bass Instincts

When Bass Instincts hit theaters in 1992, it sparked a lot of controversy. The film stars Sharon Stone as Catherine Tramell, a writer who is the prime suspect in the murder of a rock star. Michael Douglas plays police detective Nick Curran, who becomes too involved with Catherine during the investigation.

Despite controversy and negative reviews, the film was a box-office success. The film is considered a true classic of the time and many highlight how innovative it was in its representations of S- in a conventional Hollywood film.

In an interview with Playboy, Sharon Stone reflected on the film and her experience, and she surprised everyone by telling how she landed the role. At first, Ella Stone said that she was not interested and did not give the film a chance. She also felt that her profile was not high enough to be a part of such a high-profile film.

"I wasn't a star and everybody wants stars. So I didn't read the script. I put it aside for a couple of months. One night I picked it up and read it and I couldn't believe it. I didn't know what to do. I instantly knew what it was. I also knew that Paul Verhoeven was directing it, which made it even better. I knew he was a genius. That's why I agreed," Stone explained.

The actress added that she met with Verhoeven when he asked her to re-dub the voice track for the airplane version of her parts in the movie Total Recall. She was wearing a tight cocktail dress and tried to act like Catherine. "He wanted a star and he had to show him that he was one," she recalled. At the end of the day, her plan worked.

"When I finished doing my act, he told me he wanted to try me out for a role in a new movie he was doing. And he did: five nights of auditions," Stone added.

The reason she hated working with Michael Douglas

Asked about how she got along with Michael Douglas, Stone said: "I had met him two or three times in social situations before I rehearsed with him for this film. I really felt that he and I could have a certain strange energy and dynamic. weird together. I never felt comfortable with him and I don't think he was comfortable with me."

While most people would consider this a problem, Stone believes that she contributed to improving her role. "I think that kind of awkwardness works for this kind of movie. The tension is good," said the actress.

"It was something paramount for me. It was about watching him, watching his movements, provoking him. If one were to believe in karma, I would say that there is an unfulfilled karmic circle between the two of us. Our energy together was strong. It is still not comfortable for me, but I think it works really well for our work together," Stone completed.

The actress added that she "didn't get to meet Michael." The film sent Stone to a level of stardom that she had never experienced before. "Bass instincts completely rocked my world. The sudden fame of this enormity is scary. People pounce on you, grab you. They sneak into your hotel room and take off your lipstick or sunglasses. You feel invaded ", closed the actress.

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.