Type Here to Get Search Results !

Hugh Jackman and his wife divorced after almost 30 years together

The news of the divorce of Hugh Jackman and his wife Deborra-lee after almost 30 years of marriage has left many surprised. This couple, who seemed to have a solid and lasting relationship in the middle of the entertainment industry, has decided to go their separate ways.

Hugh Jackman and his wife divorced after almost 30 years together

The impact of this breakup has generated speculation and reflections on the complexity of relationships in the modern era. As details of the divorce are revealed, the question arises of what could have led a seemingly stable couple to make this difficult decision.

"We are grateful for the nearly three decades we've spent as a married couple, filled with love and joy. However, our paths are now diverging, and we have made the decision to separate to focus on our personal growth," they announced in a statement provided to the media.

The couple met on the TV forums of an Australian show in 1995. Jackman once admitted that it was all love at first sight: “I knew two weeks after meeting Deb that we were going to be together for the rest of our lives. ”

On another occasion, Hugh, 54, told People magazine: “They picked me up and Deb was in the front seat of the car. I will never forget. He took off his seatbelt, turned around, took off his sunglasses, and said: 'Hello, I'm Deborra-lee Furness, nice to meet you.' I remember thinking, 'I like this girl.'"

Four months later, he proposed to her at the Royal Botanic Gardens in Melbourne. “My plan was to propose in the middle of breakfast and I thought, ‘Forget that! I have to do it now! I need to do it now!’” he told a magazine. “She had been raining and the sun finally came out, and she didn't have a line ready! I was thinking, 'Come on, come on, come on, you've got to come up with something, this is a once-in-a-lifetime thing, you've got to come up with a phrase: I said, 'Honey, look, the sun's out, it's almost perfect!' and She says, 'What do you mean? It’s perfect!’ And I said, ‘Well, it will be if you marry me.’ And I took out the ring.”

They exchanged vows on April 11, 1996, in Melbourne, and on the couple's special day they promised each other to "look each other in the eyes at every crossroads of life."

Together they also supported each other, as Hugh has undergone several skin cancer prevention surgeries. The actor has had several carcinomas removed from his nose, most recently in April 2023, he even shared a video on Instagram after undergoing two new biopsies on lesions on his nose.

Deborra-lee had been seen without her wedding ring days before the announcement, according to several media reports. The actress, 67, was seen out and about in New York on the days of the announcement.

Although the couple does not have children of their own, they adopted two children in 2000 and 2005. In this regard, the actor commented months before his divorce:

“I have certainly learned a lot about vulnerability as a parent. The idea of not knowing. The idea of admitting. I mean, I have a 17-year-old son and a 22-year-old daughter. "I don't hide my vulnerabilities or my doubts or my concerns from them," the actor said.

In April, on their 27th wedding anniversary, Hugh paid a loving tribute to the mother of his children, writing: “I love you so much. Together we have created a beautiful family. And life. Your laughter, spirit, generosity, humor, mischief, bravery, and loyalty are an incredible gift to me.”

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.