Type Here to Get Search Results !

Kyra Sedgwick was jealous of Julia Roberts and hated being compared to her

Kyra Sedgwick confessed that, at the beginning of her career, she hated it when people compared her to another rising star in Hollywood: Julia Roberts.

Kyra Sedgwick was jealous of Julia Roberts and hated being compared to her

During a candid conversation with Yahoo!, the stars of 'Born on the 4th of July' (1989), 'Training Daddy' (2007), and 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' (2013-2021) opened up about their discomfort with a particular celebrity comparison. Kyra Sedgwick, one of the interviewees, revealed that she had heard comparisons between herself and Julia Roberts long before Julia rose to fame. 

"I've been working since I was 16," Kyra shared, "and I remember when I was around 18 or 19, people would come up to me and say, 'Has anyone ever told you that you look like Julia Roberts?'" She chuckled as she recalled her initial response, saying, "I was like, 'Who the hell is Julia Roberts? What are you talking about? Who is this person?'"

As Julia Roberts achieved widespread recognition with 'Pretty Woman' (1990), Kyra admitted to experiencing a twinge of jealousy. "I thought, 'I've been in this industry much longer than she has – it's so unfair,'" Kyra confessed. "I had a few moments like that. But eventually, I fully embraced it – I mean, she's beautiful and brilliant, so it's all good! However, I do remember that it was a bit challenging to adapt to initially."

Despite media comparisons throughout the 1990s, Kyra emphasized that she never harbored any serious animosity towards Julia. "I believe people often try to pit women against each other because it's another way to diminish our power," Kyra reflected. "And I just couldn't buy into it."

In an interesting twist, Kyra and Julia Roberts collaborated on the film 'The Power of Love (1995). Currently, Kyra Sedgwick, who has been married to Kevin Bacon since 1988 and shares two children with him, is working on the drama 'Thirsty,' which has yet to receive a release date. She also contributed to projects like 'The Summer That Changed My Life' and 'Guardians of the Galaxy: Holiday Special' in 2022.

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.