Type Here to Get Search Results !

Liam Neeson reveals he wanted to kill a black person and now he regrets it

Controversial statements made by the leading actor of Revenge, about his desire to kill a black man years ago.

Liam Neeson reveals he wanted to kill a black person and now he regrets it

During the promotion of Cold Pursuit, the new action film starring Liam Neeson, the Irish actor made some controversial and shocking statements that could cause him problems, especially if we take into account that he said them precisely in this decade, this year. , where every word can provoke an avalanche of criticism on social networks.

The film, directed by Hans Petter Moland and based On the Norwegian film In Order of Disappearance - 85%, it is about a snowplow (Neeson) whose son is murdered by a gang of criminals and he decides to take revenge. The actor said in an interview with the Independent (via The Guardian) that he understands the “primitive” motivation of the character he plays because he experienced a more or less similar situation in the past, when a woman in his family, or very close to him, (because she did not specify), she was raped by a black man.

She handled the abuse situation most extraordinarily. But my immediate reaction was to ask her if she knew who she had been. She told me she didn't. ‘What color was she?’ She told me that she was a black person.

I walked around various areas with a sledgehammer, waiting for someone to approach me (I'm ashamed to say it) and I did for maybe a week, waiting for a "black bastard" to come out of a pub and provoke me for whatever, so that I could... kill him.

As we can read, the primitive and irrational instinct for revenge was what motivated Neeson to want to murder a black person, but in this era, he thinks very differently, so we should not judge him anachronistically (even though that is fashionable).

It took me a week, maybe a week and a half, to get over it. She told me 'Where are you going?' and I said 'I'm just going to walk', 'What's going on?' 'No, nothing, everything's fine.'

Given the actor's controversial words, the interviewer gave him indications of the seriousness of what he was saying, which is why Neeson emphasized:

It was horrible, it's horrible when I look back and think about what I did. And I had never admitted it, and now I'm saying it to a journalist.

Although his trauma is evident, he says he learned an important lesson and would never do it again.

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.