Type Here to Get Search Results !

Mira Sorvino revealed incident of harassment that she suffered in Hollywood

The Oscar-winning actress Mira Sorvino spoke about the abuse she suffered in Hollywood while she was trying to make her way in the industry.

Mira Sorvino revealed incident of harassment that she suffered in Hollywood

The actress, who supports the #MeToo movement and who had already publicly denounced the harassment she suffered on several occasions from Harvey Weinstein in the 90s, recounted another horrifying episode that she suffered in the industry.

The Oscar winner revealed in the HFPA in Conversation space that when she was 16 years old she was tied to a chair and gagged with a condom during one of her first auditions for a horror film.

"He tied me to a chair and hurt my arm to scare me for the horror scene. Then he gagged me and I let him because I was trying to look scared for the scene," said the 55-year-old performer.

"When she finished she took the gag out of my mouth and said, 'Sorry about the condom,' so she had gagged me with a condom," added Sorvino, who did not reveal the manager's name.

"She was too young to know, thank God, what a condom tastes like. It was inappropriate and what the hell was a director doing with a condom in her pocket during an audition."

The famous woman explained that this was her first lesson in how the system works in Hollywood and that throughout her career she has suffered various situations of harassment by film directors or producers who have taken advantage of her and her love for the film. art.

According to the interpreter, in many cases, top Hollywood executives take advantage of young actresses seeking to make their way in the industry and manage to convince them in exchange for a role in a movie.

"When you're young you think, 'Well, OK, I have to be strong. I have to be willing to give everything in this performance even if it means I have to take this extra step' – and you see that many are awarded for their roles in scenes rawer and things like that," the star explained. "There is this concept of forgetting oneself and giving oneself in the name of art. People take advantage of that. People have always taken advantage of that," she denounced.

The actress added that in the past she has been involved in many strange situations where she has been a victim and witness of inappropriate behavior by different men in the industry and that her own friends had warned her that to advance her career she would probably have than having relations with many people.

The famous woman added that she lost several roles for not accepting these types of proposals and advances.

"That always seemed terrible to me. I feel like it would be a betrayal of who I am as a person. If I did that, I wouldn't be myself anymore, so I always refused those things and that's why I lost certain opportunities in big movies."

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.