Type Here to Get Search Results !

Selena Gomez remembers that she left Instagram because of Justin Bieber

Selena Gomez named her ex-partner again in an interview and said she broke his heart by marrying Hailey Baldwin.

Selena Gomez remembers that she left Instagram because of Justin Bieber

Five years after ending her relationship with Justin Bieber, a period during which the singer married Hailey Baldwin, Selena Gomez has opened up about her emotions upon learning that in 2018, Justin had proposed to the model just months after their breakup.

It was during this time that Gomez revealed, "I had just experienced heartbreak," leading her to distance herself entirely from social media. She explained, "I didn't want to see what everyone else was doing. There were moments when I didn't feel good about my appearance because of what I saw on Instagram. I'd think, 'Wow, I wish my body looked like that,'" Selena Gomez recounted to Fast Company magazine.

Following her split from Justin Bieber, she confronted mental health challenges. In her documentary "My Mind and Me," she candidly disclosed that ending the tumultuous 10-year relationship was the best decision she ever made.

"Everything was so public. I felt haunted by a past relationship that wouldn't let go. But then, I moved past it, and I wasn't afraid anymore. It's like I had to experience the worst heartbreak imaginable and then suddenly forget it all; it was really bewildering. But I believe it had to happen, and ultimately, it was the best thing for me," she expressed at the time.

Selena Gomez, one year after the release of "My Mind and Me," remains a prominent artist today. Despite her success in the entertainment industry, her mental health struggles have remained intertwined with her journey.

Due to these challenges, the former Disney star faced bouts of depression and anxiety that led to her admission to a treatment center in 2018, where she was diagnosed with bipolar disorder. This was in addition to her kidney transplant due to the lupus she has been battling since 2011.

In her documentary titled "My Mind and Me," released in November of the previous year, Selena Gomez offered a glimpse into her personal life, shedding light on what it was like to be in the public eye as Justin Bieber's former partner.

Now, just over a year since its debut on Apple TV+, the singer reveals that she is proud to have shown her authentic self but admits she won't watch it again. "It's very difficult for me to watch it. In fact, I'll never watch it again," she asserted during Thrive's Global Music and Mind Conference.

"At one point, I was strongly against it. I wasn't sure if it was a good idea. Sometimes, I wondered if I should just focus on acting for a while and if this would jeopardize things in my life. I didn't know what I was doing by letting people into my life."

Once the documentary was filmed and released, Selena Gomez shared, "I didn't have a choice at that point, and I felt relieved. It felt like a massive weight had been lifted from my shoulders. I had so much to say that I had kept to myself for years."

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.