Type Here to Get Search Results !

Charlize Theron talks about how her father's tragic death impacted her life

Charlize Theron spoke of the learning she obtained from her after the episode in which her mother shot her father, causing her death. She was a teenager

Charlize Theron talks about how her father's tragic death impacted her life

Charlize Theron spoke about the bloody episode that she had to live through when she was just 15 years old and witnessed the murder of her father. The actress revealed that her tragic event taught her valuable lessons that she continues to apply to this day.

During a conversation with The Hollywood Reporter, the South African artist talked about her professional career, her personal life and her role as a mother, which she finds increasingly comfortable with. The protagonist of Atómica (2017) explained during the interview the learning she obtained after the arrival of tragedies in her life.

"One thing that the early tragedy brought me is the realization that nothing is forever. Simply nothing is forever," she said and explained that her interest in remaining in the world of cinema has to do with the intention that other women find a ground plain to perform in acting.

The artist said that this concern kept her from enjoying her professional successes. "It is exhausting. I never feel like, ‘oh, I can just enjoy this,’” she added. Theron pointed out that the perspective with which she sees her things today was acquired with her age, in addition to the support of her children August (7) and Jackson (10).

"I love being a mother more than I love being an actress or a producer. And I never thought I'd say that. If someone said to me tomorrow, 'You can't do both,' would I be sad if I stopped acting? Of course. But it would be a no-brainer for me," she explained about motherhood.

The tragedy that marked the life of Charlize Theron

Although the actress did not explicitly refer to the tragic moment she had to live through, on other occasions she has spoken about the death of her father in 1991. Charles, her father, died after being shot by her mother. of the actress. She was only 15 years old. No charges were filed in the case and it was established that the woman acted in her own defense.

In 2019, the protagonist of Mad Max: Fury (2015) spoke with NPR and revealed that that tragic day, her father entered the house intoxicated carrying a gun. "He shot through the door three times," into a room where Theron and her mother, Gerda, had barricaded themselves. The mother took a gun and shot Charles, causing his death.

"I'm not ashamed to talk about it, because I think the more we talk about these things, the more we realize that we're not alone in anything. I think, for me, it's always been that this story is about growing up with addicts and what "That's what it does to a person," Theron said at the time.

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.