Type Here to Get Search Results !

Gal Gadot and Chris Pine, The endearing couple from Wonder Woman

The couple starring in the film of DC's most iconic heroine talk about what their experience was like as film characters. The film premieres Thursday, June 1 in Chile.

Gal Gadot and Chris Pine, The endearing couple from Wonder Woman

Magazine was in Los Angeles at a press event for the next DC movie, “Wonder Woman.” Here we were able to speak with Gal Gadot and Chris Pine, who play the superhero and Steve Trevor, respectively. They talked to us about what it means for this protagonist to come to the big screen for the first time, as well as the construction of the relationship between the two characters – which has a very particular comic touch – and her expectations surrounding the film.

Gal, how did you prepare for this character that is full of mythological elements and an extensive history?

Gal Gadot: When they told me I got the role, they sent two boxes with a lot of comics. I read a lot and there are many different versions of “Wonder Woman” and I agreed with Patty (Jenkins) to find something that they all had in common: the essence of her. We discover that she is loving and kind, she is not a square character. We kept these characteristics for the script. As for the physical part, I prepared for five or six months before filming. I went to the gym, every day, for two hours. Then I did two hours of martial arts and an hour and a half of horseback riding. It was a lot of work, but this iconic character gave me the responsibility to do it. She is powerful and strong, and that is something you can't fake. But it was worth it.

As for the costume, the first time you wore it, did it feel weird? or did you experience some kind of discomfort?

Gal Gadot: The first time I tried on the costume was for Batman vs Superman, they told me I got the part and the next day I went to Michigan to try it on. It wasn't my size...obviously. I don't know whose sizes those were, but I didn't say anything because she was so excited and was like “okay, okay.” It was very small, but I got excited because it's weird, I put it on and it was “Wonder Woman” and a moment before, it was just Gal. Obviously, he had to adjust.

Gal Gadot: I had a few. When I felt like it was something bigger than me and that it wasn't about me at all, that I was just a vessel. When I walk into No Man's Land and make the reveal, we filmed it in one scene, I felt empowered and when I talk to Steve about the agreement we reached, because I jump up and walk into the scene with all the attitude.

As a mom of two daughters right now, how did it feel to play the most powerful woman in popular culture? And what is the message you hope to convey to the young generations?

Gal Gadot: I just know that this iconic character has been around for 75 years and that we've never seen him, or the history of him, is weird. And men and boys grew up watching Superman, Batman and Spider-Man, and we never had a strong female character to inspire us, that's why it's important that it's finally going to happen. And I talk about this not only for girls, but also for boys. Everyone is talking about women's empowerment and I think you can't talk about it without education, without being inclusive. So, being a mother of two girls, I am excited that it is finally happening and I hope that there are more strong female figures.

Now, Chris, we see that the rapprochement between Steve and Diana was in many ways, how did you work on it, with this intention of representing the contrasts?

Chris Pine: She has superpowers and she can stop tanks and that kind of stuff and I can't. But, the disparity is that she possesses infinite hope because nothing can stop her. So she provides people like me, who have seen the worst that Humanity can do, the necessary hope. I think her first encounter is, a man from the 20th century who has seen the worst, with a powerful woman who believes that anything is possible, who enters No Man's Land and saves a lot of people and defeats the enemy.

Another of the great things that also draws attention to your character is humor, which is mostly reflected thanks to your face. Did you improvise it or did you have to work on it?

Chris Pine: Well, thank you. It was very well written, they were very good improvisations and for her not to know things like the clock or say that her father is Zeus, how would you react to this? I would surely miss you. So I had fun.

Chris Pine: I think everything is gray and there are times when we don't feel strong and we are cowards. But we tried, that's the story of this movie. Steve Trevor may seem like a coward because he can't stand up to his superiors, but on the other hand he knows that what he is fighting for is the right thing, because he is going to save millions of lives. I think trying is the important part.

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.