Type Here to Get Search Results !

Selena Gomez Reflects on Singing in Spanish and the Journey to 'Revelación'

In a recent interview with 'Rolling Stone' magazine, Selena Gomez opened up about various chapters of her life, shedding light on her early career after 'Disney,' her hiatus from social media three years ago, and most notably, her experience with the Spanish-language EP 'Revelación.'

Selena Gomez Reflects on Singing in Spanish and the Journey to 'Revelación'

Approximately a decade ago, the multi-talented artist embarked on the creation of 'Revelación,' marking her debut album in Spanish. Influenced by the late Selena Quintanilla-Pérez, an iconic American singer from the 80s and 90s, the album also features collaborations with reggaeton hitmaker Tainy, Myke Towers, and Rauw Alejandro.

Interestingly, Gomez initially shared the idea of creating the album with her fans on Twitter in 2011. However, due to the demands of her expanding career and busy life, the project took a back seat. Yet, the notion lingered in her mind, eventually leading her to fulfill the dream and release it in March 2021. Gomez explained that the timing was crucial: "If she had released this album earlier, it would not have had the same impact."

Selena Gomez has often expressed that she believes she sings better in Spanish, a language she had to relearn for the album. Fluent in Spanish until the age of seven, she shared, "I think what she meant was that I feel like I belong. I don't feel so judged. Maybe this comes from years of people saying I'm not a real artist. Exploring this side of my life was absolutely wonderful. It allowed me to take my voice somewhere else."

The global superstar took a moment to discuss her evolving self-perception and how she wishes to be perceived by her fans: "When I was younger, it would be fair to say that I had no idea what I was talking about. In a way, she was building a character while she was singing. It's fun to do something that younger kids like. That was my goal. Later, I didn't want that story anymore... I know I'm not the best singer, but I do know how to tell stories. I connect emotionally with my music. It means as much to me as it does to the best singer in the world."

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.