Type Here to Get Search Results !

Victoria Justice confesses that she suffers from Hashimoto's disease

Victoria Justice has opened up about her battle with Hashimoto's disease, an autoimmune thyroid disorder that has manifested in skin problems and weight imbalances. 

Victoria Justice confesses that she suffers from Hashimoto's disease

Despite being diagnosed a few years ago, the actress has successfully gained control over the condition, which initially caused distressing skin issues and fluctuating weight.

Recalling her journey, Victoria shared, "A few years ago, I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's, an autoimmune thyroid disorder. The prescribed thyroid medication had adverse effects on my skin due to excessively high levels. 

This was devastating for me, as I had always enjoyed good skin. Initially, I experienced significant weight loss, followed by substantial weight gain during a tour. Last summer, while filming a movie, my weight dropped to less than 45 kilograms. It was a crazy rollercoaster, but things have stabilized, and now everything is back to normal. Although I still have Hashimoto's, I am not on medication, and I feel good."

In her quest for wellness, Victoria experimented with various approaches, including a strict diet recommended by a Korean acupuncturist. This regimen excluded all meats except fish, along with restrictions on sugar, wheat, and milk. Despite its intensity, she adhered to this diet for approximately two months.

The actress also discussed the emotional toll the skin-related comments and attention took on her confidence. She empathizes with those facing similar challenges, expressing, "It affected my confidence and heightened my self-awareness. The support of my family and friends was crucial during that time. Now, I truly understand the struggles of people dealing with skin problems because it can be deeply impactful."

Victoria's candid revelations shed light on her journey with Hashimoto's disease and the resilience she exhibited in overcoming its physical and emotional challenges.

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.