Type Here to Get Search Results !

Macaulay Culkin spoke about his past with drugs

The 'Home Alone' star clarified rumors that he spent thousands of dollars on heroin; They didn't let him talk about his relationship with Michael Jackson

Macaulay Culkin spoke about his past with drugs

Macaulay Culkin wanted to bury once and for all those rumors that have been circulating about the implications that his alleged heroin addiction would have had, a debate that has not stopped gaining intensity since the American magazine The National Enquirer made public in 2012 that the The performer would have been spending around USD 6,000 a month to get the substance.

"It's okay that people worry about me if they see me doing stupid things, but no, I've never been in the situation of having to pay $6,000 a month to get heroin or anything else. But what really made me sick was seeing how some newspapers ended up wrapping everything up with their false appearance of concern. No, they were just trying to sell newspapers at my expense," said the former child prodigy in an interview with the British newspaper The Guardian.

The performer, who claims not to have any addiction problems, has nevertheless suffered numerous ups and downs in his personal life over the last few years, especially when he was arrested in 2004 for possession of drugs and large quantities of medications such as Xanax and Clonazepam. However, Macaulay does not regret the decisions of the past because they are what have led him to become the person he is today.

"They have led me to become the person I am. I like myself, so I wouldn't change anything," he added in the same conversation. "Life has taught me many lessons and above all it has taught me how to survive. I had to behave like an adult when I was very child, but without the necessary maturity to understand how the world worked. Now I am like a bird of prey that analyzes the environment that surrounds him, but I have stopped thinking of myself as a public figure, because it is crazy to live from that third-person perspective," he reflected.

For more than a decade, Culkin had refused to do any type of interviews, simply because he did not want to do so. "I just turned my back on him. I definitely don't want him. The paparazzi run after me because I don't prostitute myself," he said in an interview with The Guardian.

Therefore, he says, he focuses on his happiness. "I'm trying to figure out what makes me happy and not in a superficial way. I'm keeping my soul in shape," he added.

Michael Jackson is, inevitably, a subject associated with Macaulay Culkin. The actor was a close friend of the singer for several years and spent time at his Neverland ranch. In 2005 he testified before a judge in Los Angeles that there was never "any improper behavior" by the King of Pop, who was tried for abuse crimes. However, in his interview with the British newspaper The Guardian he was unable to address the issue.

"You better not ask," his manager said. According to the note, during the interview there were three people sitting watching. "It's not that it's a painful topic," was the most the actor could say, who was advised by his people not to talk anymore.

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.