Type Here to Get Search Results !

Meghan Markle Acknowledges Career Shift After Marriage to Prince Harry

Meghan Markle's professional journey took a significant turn, marked by her decision to leave acting after marrying Prince Harry. 

Meghan Markle Acknowledges Career Shift After Marriage to Prince Harry

The Duchess of Sussex discussed this shift during a conversation with actor Billy Eichner at the UK premiere of The Lion King. Eichner, Meghan's former classmate from Northwestern University, shared the details of their chat on Today with Hoda and Jenna, revealing that Meghan congratulated him on his career, and when he reciprocated, she candidly mentioned, "Well, things have taken a little turn."

Meghan had a prominent role in the USA Network legal drama series Suits for seven seasons. Her departure from acting came following her engagement to Prince Harry in 2017, a decision she disclosed during the couple's first joint television interview.

Describing her career shift, Meghan expressed, “I just see it as a change. It's a new chapter, right? You also have to keep in mind that I worked on my show for seven seasons. So we were very, very fortunate to be able to achieve that kind of longevity in a series. 

For me, once we got to the 100th episode I was like, you know what? 'I have already met that goal, and I feel very proud of the work I have done there, and now it is time to work as a team with you.'"

During that period, Meghan emphasized her intention to use her newfound platform to advocate for causes close to her heart. She highlighted, “I think what's been really exciting is that we talked about the transition out of my career, but also into a role that, as you say, speaks to causes that have been very important to me. 

I can focus more energy on them because, once out, you realize that once you have access to a voice that people are willing to listen to, with that comes a great responsibility, which I take very seriously.”

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.