Type Here to Get Search Results !

Melinda Gates speaks for the first time about her divorce and infidelity

Melinda and Bill Gates announced their divorce in 2021 after 27 years together, taking the world by surprise

Melinda Gates speaks for the first time about her divorce and infidelity

The news surprised everyone, Melinda and Bill Gates announced their divorce after almost three decades together. The creator of Microsoft and his wife not only represented a solid marriage, but they were also the perfect couple for the Gates Foundation, which remained so active at the beginning of the pandemic. 

The announcement would be just the beginning of a wave of information in which everything was on the table, the distribution of one of the largest fortunes in the world and the reasons for the separation were the main questions. The first was revealed little by little through the income reports of each of them, but the second remained a mystery. 

Although there were no shortage of rumors, especially around the businessman, it was only now that someone decided to break the silence. Melinda Gates took the floor and spoke for the first time about her much-discussed divorce without leaving any topic untouched, from the rumors of Bill's infidelities to the millionaire's relationship with Jeffrey Epstein.

It was during an interview with Gayle King for CBS that Melinda decided to open up, something unusual for the philanthropist. Speaking about how difficult it is to rebuild trust once it's broken by infidelity, Melinda said: "It's very, very difficult to get it back in any relationship." The question about that affair that the businessman would have had in 2000 with a Microsoft employee was not left out: “I definitely believe in forgiveness, so I thought we had worked on some of that.”

Regarding the reason for their divorce, Melinda explained: “It wasn't a specific moment or thing that happened, it just got to a point where there was enough there for me to realize that I just wasn't healthy, and I couldn't trust him. what we had.” When asked if Bill cheated on her on several occasions, she responded: “Those are questions that Bill needs to answer.”

Melinda confessed that although she is not friends with Bill, they remain friendly when working together. “First of all, we both want to work together - we founded this institution in 2000, the two of us -... I believe in that institution, my values are engraved in that institution. So I've always felt like it calls us to be our best version. 

Even in the difficult times over the last 18 months while we were going through this process behind the scenes, we were able to be present and work effectively together,” he continued, “I'm not saying it's easy, but I'm saying there were days when I had tears. an hour before an online meeting or I was angry, and I still put in the effort and I think we can continue to do that.”

The process has not been easy at all, as he explained: “I think it is very important to say, look, I had a lot of tears on many days, I mean days when I was literally on the floor, on the carpet…thinking…'How can this be? ? How can I get up? How am I going to move forward?’” The philanthropist continued: “Days when she was definitely angry. 

That's part of the grieving process. You are grieving the loss of something you thought you had and thought you had for life. This is something painful.” Despite this, there are no regrets: “I gave every part of myself to this marriage.” I was committed from the day we got engaged until I got out. Society used to put this on women as if it were our fault. "I didn't do anything wrong. I kept my head up."

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.