Type Here to Get Search Results !

Jennifer Lawrence responds to criticism of her dress

The actress talks about the photo of the film Red Sparrow with Jeremy Irons, Francis Lawrence, Matthias Schoenaerts and Joel Edgerton

Actress Jennifer Lawrence responds to criticism for her dress in the promotional photo for the film Red Sparrow in which she appears alongside Jeremy Irons, Francis Lawrence, Matthias Schoenaerts and Joel Edgerton.

The controversy jumped when the interpreter posed with a low-cut dress on a London terrace with a temperature of just five degrees while her companions were warm. Many users of social networks described the image as macho and some celebrities, such as the writer Helen Lewis, expressed their outrage on Twitter:

"What a depressing and revealing image. Especially since I went outside today and it's so cold," she wrote.

"I know men who are fresh out of bed while their companions have been awake since four in the morning going through hairdressing and makeup. The expectations they have of women's physique to consider them workers are ten times higher," said the actress Zelda Williams, daughter of the late actor Robin Williams.

Hours later Lawrence responded on her social networks defending her look and assuring that the controversy raised is "ridiculous".

"Wow. I wouldn't know how to start with this 'Jennifer Lawrence chilling in a low-cut dress'. This is not only ridiculous but I feel extremely offended. The Versace dress was fabulous. Do you think I was going to cover this gorgeous dress with a coat or a scarf? I was out for 5 minutes. I would have even gone out in the snow for this dress because I love fashion and this was my decision," she wrote.

Jennifer Lawrence responds to criticism of her dress

"This is ridiculous, this is not feminism. Overreacting to everything someone does or says by creating controversy over silly, harmless things like what I choose or not to wear doesn't move us forward. This creates silly distractions that make us they take away from the problems that matter. Relax. Everything you see me wear is my choice and if I want to be cold it is also, "he concluded.

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.