Type Here to Get Search Results !

Jennifer Lawrence Reveals She Was Pressured To Lose Weight In 'The Hunger Games'

The Hunger Games is the 21st highest-grossing film franchise of all time.

The Hunger Games was a franchise launched in 2012 that reached great standards of commercial success thanks to its four films that managed to raise millions of dollars worldwide. The protagonist of those stories was Katniss Everdeen who was played by a young Jennifer Lawrence. The actress has revealed that she was pressured to lose weight when she was cast in the franchise.

Lawrence recalled that she refused to lose weight for the role, this during a conversation with Viola Davis for Variety's Actors on Actors series. "In The Hunger Games, it was an incredible responsibility," Lawrence said. "Those books were huge, and I knew the audience was kids."

"And there were so many different opinions about what this action figure for kids will look like? I remember the most important conversation, of course, this was before and I'm a woman, so it was weight: How much weight are you going to lose?" , said. The 32-year-old actress recalled that she did not want to convey the wrong idea to the audience, so she flatly refused to lose weight to play the film's protagonist.

Jennifer Lawrence Reveals She Was Pressured To Lose Weight In 'The Hunger Games'

She added: "Along with me being young and growing up and I can't be on a diet, because who wants to be on a diet? I also thought, I don't know if I want all the girls who are going to dress up as Katniss to feel like they can't because they don't have a certain weight. I can't let that seep into my brain either." The first three films set several box office records. The Hunger Games (2012) set records for biggest opening day and biggest opening weekend for an original IP.

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.

Top Post Ad

Below Post Ad