Type Here to Get Search Results !

Brad Pitt revealed that he starred in the film because of a contractual clause

Brad Pitt Says His Frustration With 'Troy' Almost Made Him Quit His Career

'Troy' (2004) is one of Brad Pitt's biggest hits at the box office, with a gross of US$ 497 million. But the actor revealed that he was not at all satisfied with the outcome of the film.

In the interview, the actor revealed that he was forced to do 'Troy' because of a contractual clause. "I had to do 'Troy' because - I guess I can say this now - I got off another movie and then I had to do something for the studio. So I was put on 'Troy'."

Brad Pitt revealed that he starred in the film because of a contractual clause

He says that, from then on, he decided to change the way he led his career. "It wasn't painful, but I realized the way the movie was being told wasn't how I wanted it. I made my own mistakes in it."

"What am I trying to say about 'Troy'? I couldn't get out of the middle of the frame. It was driving me crazy. I was spoiled working with (director) David Fincher," explained the actor. "Nothing against Wolfgang Petersen. 'Das Boot' (directed by Petersen) is one of the best films of all time. But somewhere, 'Troy' became a commercial kind of thing. Home recording was like, 'Here's the hero!' There was no mystery."

From then on, Pitt began to think better before choosing which projects to get involved in. "At that time, I made the decision to only invest in quality stories, for lack of a better term. It was a distinct shift that led to the next decade of movies."

Still in the interview, the actor said he doesn't like his performance in '12 Monkeys' (1995), although he was nominated for an Oscar for Best Supporting Actor and won a Golden Globe for the role.

"I nailed the first half of '12 Monkeys'. I got the second half wrong. That performance bothered me because there was a trap in the script. It's not the writer's fault, but it was something I couldn't figure out. I knew that in the second half of the film, I was playing the trick of what was real in the first half - until the last scene - and that bothered me", he explained.

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.