Type Here to Get Search Results !

Drew Barrymore gave hard details of his rehabilitation at the age of 13

The actress was admitted to Van Nuys Psychiatric for a year and a half

Drew Barrymore gave hard details of his rehabilitation at the age of 13

Being a Hollywood child star is not an easy task. Many of them have had to advance in their careers along with problems, addictions, and emotional effects generated by fame. “It's hard growing up in front of people,” says Drew Barrymore, an American actress who rose to fame with the movie E.T.

The possibilities and facilities that success offers led to the derailment of them and other recognized figures such as Paris Hilton and Britney Spears. “I'm sure people watch and think: girls…how dare you have feelings for any of this? They've put themselves out there, they've asked for this, it's fair game,” she told to the Magazine.

At just 10 years old, Drew had already ventured into the world of alcohol and marijuana, at 12 she tried cocaine, and at 13 she was admitted to an addiction center. The Hollywood star said that when she was in rehabilitation, the cleaning was "a psychiatric nightmare."

In an interview with Howard Stern, she explained that she was admitted to the Van Nuys Psychiatric for a year and a half, where those girls who wasted their time were sent to the padded room or tied to the stretcher. In the beginning, she remembers her, she spent her time rebelling and inciting other girls to do the same. “I would irritate all the girls and say, ‘Listen, f- this place, these people don't care about you, let's show them!'” she recounted.

Drew Barrymore gave hard details of his rehabilitation at the age of 13

She did the same for a while until she began to see how other girls were progressing. The 13-year-old of hers says of her "was probably the lowest (point)" she touched. The first night at the facility was the worst, had I known what would happen “I would have run away. I would never, never have let it happen to me."

After eight months of therapy, Drew's anger cooled. “In a sick way it was the best thing that put me through,” she says. However, her mother's decision to admit her changed her relationship forever. “I think [Jaid] created a monster and she didn't know what to do with the monster. This was her dying breath, and she really was out of control of her, and I forgive her for making this decision. She probably felt that she had nowhere to turn."

After the rehab center, Drew Barrymore made the decision to become legally emancipated. It's been 32 years since that moment and his relationship with his mother was complicated, "I felt so guilty denying my mom access... Definitely the worst pain I've ever known," he acknowledged. However, they have now struck up a conversation again.

Now the actress has two daughters, Olive, 8, and Frankie, 6, whom she raises in a "more traditional" way than she was raised. "I told my own daughter 'I am not your friend and I will never be your friend.' I am your mother". She, she says, had a mother who was a "friend" and she is not willing to follow that same pattern. “It's an antithesis of my upbringing,” she considers.

Among the hard experiences that he lived throughout his life, Drew has been divorced three times. An anonymous source told Life & Style that she has no intention of remarrying, but that she is open to falling in love again. "I think I'm in the best place I've ever been and it took me a long time to get here," she recounted after revealing that she has dabbled in dating apps, but for now she doesn't want anyone trying to change her.

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.