Type Here to Get Search Results !

Kate Winslet talks about the idealization of women in the media

The interpreter of Titanic and recently Avatar 2, Kate Winslet criticized the stereotypes of perfect bodies.

Kate Winslet talks about the idealization of women in the media

Since her rise to fame in 1997 with her role in Titanic, Kate Winslet has been in the media eye. Contrary to what one would believe, Winslet was harshly criticized during her youth for not meeting the aesthetic standards of the time.

A few years ago, the 47-year-old actress admitted that after giving life to Rose DeWitt, she was the victim of bullying and harassment by the media. “I was subjected to enormous physical and personal scrutiny, I was criticized a lot and the British press was pretty cruel to me,” she said Winslet.

This fact caused the actress to develop a lot of insecurity about how she saw herself. "If I could go back, I would have used my voice differently. I would have told (reporters). I'm a young woman. My body is changing and I'm figuring it out. I'm insecure. I'm terrified. Don't make it harder than it already is," said the actress.

Kate Winslet talks about the idealization of women in the media

During the promotion of Avatar: The Sense of Water, Kate Winslet recalled her beginnings in the film industry where she was harshly criticized for her physique. The actress narrates that at that time, journalists repeatedly asked her questions about her weight. The interpreter of Sense and Sensibility emphasized how these kinds of comments can affect the younger generations.

“When an actress is walking down the red carpet and they say: 'She's perfect and slim.' Don't you dare say that? It's such an irresponsible thing to do and it feeds directly on young women aspiring for a perfection that doesn't exist,” says Winslet.

“This is one night and one night only. Trust me, my other version is me in the car on the way home, in my pajamas, eating chips and farting. That's what we do!" Buried the actress.

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.