Type Here to Get Search Results !

Jennifer Lawrence reveals she had two abortions before becoming a mother

The Hollywood star spoke for the first time about the painful moments she experienced before having her son.

Jennifer Lawrence reveals she had two abortions before becoming a mother

Jennifer Lawrence made one of the most revealing and, surely, most painful confessions of her life so far. The 32-year-old Oscar winner revealed to Vogue magazine that she suffered two miscarriages.

The Silver Linings Playbook star said she had her first miscarriage at age 20 and that she had 'every intention of terminating her pregnancy.'

When she got married and wanted to have a child, she added that she had a second abortion, for which she had to undergo a D and C treatment - a term for the surgical procedure to remove tissue from the uterus.

Jennifer claimed the unfortunate moment occurred while she was filming the climate change satire Don't Look Up alongside Leonardo DiCaprio, which was released in December 2021.

The actress is a fervent supporter of motherhood because as she told the publication, it is difficult for her to understand why young women, with few options, have been forced to have unwanted pregnancies.

"I found myself pondering this countless times during my pregnancy, reflecting on the changes occurring within my body. I was fortunate to experience a healthy and trouble-free pregnancy, yet every moment felt distinct. At times, I couldn't help but wonder, 'What if circumstances had compelled me to make this choice?' After all, since 1973, the landmark Wade v. Roe decision has safeguarded the right to abortion in our country."

In the same interview, she publicly revealed the name of her baby for the first time: a boy named Cy after one of her husband's favorite painters, Cooke Maroney, the postwar American painter, Cy Twombly.

"I remember walking with one of my best friends at nine months and saying, 'Everyone says I'm going to love my baby more than my cat.' But that's not true. Maybe I love him as much as I love my cat." cat'...the morning after I gave birth, I felt like my whole life had started over again. Like now was the first day of my life. I just stared at it. I was so in love."

She added: "I also fell in love with all the babies in the world. Newborns are so amazing. They are these pink, swollen, fragile little survivors. I love all babies now. Now I hear a baby crying in a restaurant and I think: 'Awwww, beautifulssso…".

The Oscar winner also opened up about the emotional challenges of being a new mom. “It's so scary to talk about motherhood. Just because it’s so different for everyone,” she explained. “If I say, 'It was amazing from the beginning,' some people will think, 'It wasn't amazing to me at the beginning,' and they'll feel bad. Fortunately, I have many honest friends.”

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.