Type Here to Get Search Results !

The actress who put her life at risk for the role of Lawrence in The Hunger Games

Disney star Alyson Stoner became so obsessed with getting in shape to land the lead role in The Hunger Games that she ended up suffering serious health problems.

The actress who put her life at risk for the role of Lawrence in The Hunger Games

The success or failure of the film adaptation of The Hunger Games novels depended largely on finding the perfect actress to play Katniss Everdeen and the producers were very aware of this, so they began an arduous search in which they carried out auditions for some of the most promising stars of the moment in Hollywood.

Alyson Stoner, known for her work in Disney series such as Camp Rock and The Suite Life of Zack Cody, was one of the candidates who made it to the initial rounds and she wanted to prepare thoroughly to increase her chances of getting the role by following a diet. restrictive and intense exercise program.

The obsession with fitting into the physique that she had in mind for an action heroine ended up causing her to sink into a very dangerous spiral: "My hair was starting to fall out, my skin was dry, and, on a medical level, I was under the recommended weight. I had become obsessed with these behaviors, and I needed help. So I went into rehab," he explained in an interview with the Access Hollywood portal.

Jennifer Lawrence, the actress who was ultimately chosen to play the film's protagonist, took a radically different approach, focusing on projecting an image of strength and refusing to lose weight even at the risk of losing her job: "I would never lose weight." "I'm going to starve for a role... I don't want young girls to say: I want to look like Katniss, so I'm going to skip dinner," she said at the time.

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.