Type Here to Get Search Results !

Brad Pitt on his problems with alcoholism, I saw it as a way to escape

In a conversation with his filming partner Anthony Hopkins, the American actor reviewed his mistakes and revealed that his alcohol addiction was necessary "to a certain extent."

Brad Pitt on his problems with alcoholism, I saw it as a way to escape

It is often stated that actor Brad Pitt takes great care of his privacy. Since his separation from actress Angelina Jolie was announced at the end of 2016, the press siege has led him to be more suspicious of his privacy.

The last interview published in Interview magazine, however, surprised more than one follower. And not only because Brad Pitt confessed aspects about himself, but also because of his interlocutor: none other than his colleague Anthony Hopkins, with whom he shared roles in “Legends of Passion” (1994) and “Do You Know Joe Back?” (1998).

It was, without a doubt, the meeting of two old friends who sit down to share their passions and opinions, and who, of course, review the mistakes and regrets that life has left them. Among them, alcoholism was a strong point.

“NECESSARY” ADDICTION

At first, both actors talk about their belief in destiny. Also in How to Face Life and at that moment, Brad Pitt confesses to Anthony Hopkins that he is still "struggling with guilt."

“I'm realizing as an act of self-forgiveness that I value the missteps I've made, the choices I've made that I'm not proud of because they provided me with some wisdom. "You can't have one without the other," said Angelina Jolie's ex-husband.

Then, Hopkins took the opportunity to mention his problems with alcohol and Pitt responded: “Well, I just saw it as a disservice to myself, as a way to escape.” Hannibal Lecter's interpreter asked her if he thought it was necessary and his friend replied: "To a certain extent, yes."

DEAL WITH CRITICISM

As recalled, in September of this year, Brad Pitt revealed to The New York Times that "I had taken things as far as I could, so I eliminated my drinking privileges." He also spoke about his time at Alcoholics Anonymous, which he attended for a year and a half.

"He had all these men sitting open and honest in a way he'd never heard before. It was a safe space where there was little judgment and therefore little judgment of yourself," he said.

Thus, in a recent interview with Anthony Hopkins, he indicated that when looking back at this passage of his life, he now believes that we live in times in which people are very prone to criticizing others in vulnerable situations.

“I think we're living in a time where we're extremely judgmental and quick to treat people like they're disposable,” Brad Pitt said. “We have always given great importance to errors. Our weaknesses, our shame. But the next move, what you do after the mistake, is what really defines a person,” he pointed out.

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.